How to Prepare Homemade Tony's Baked Ziti
Tony's Baked Ziti. Tony's is an Awesome family owned Italian restaurant with food on the cheap! It is cozy, inviting and really feels like a family owned Italian joint! Upon dining at Tony's one evening we ordered the Tortellini Bolognese and Baked Ziti.
Excellent food, Baked Ziti was great undoubtedly. This Baked Ziti was prepared just perfectly. Baked Ziti at Sonny and Tony's Pizza & Restaurant "I definitely think Sonny and Tony's has the best pizza in the Mahwah area.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, tony's baked ziti. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tony's Baked Ziti is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Tony's Baked Ziti is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Tony's is an Awesome family owned Italian restaurant with food on the cheap! It is cozy, inviting and really feels like a family owned Italian joint! Upon dining at Tony's one evening we ordered the Tortellini Bolognese and Baked Ziti.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tony's baked ziti using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tony's Baked Ziti:
- Take of Pasta.
- Make ready 1 lb of ziti.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of salt.
- Take of Red Sauce.
- Get 1 lb of sausage.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic (medium), diced.
- Get 1 oz of fresh spinach leaves, shredded.
- Get 2 oz of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 2 (28 oz) of cans of San Marzano tomatoes, removed and diced.
- Get 1/4 cup of fresh basil (chopped).
- Get of White Sauce.
- Take 8 oz of cream cheese spread.
- Make ready 15 oz of ricotta.
- Get 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 oz of parmesan cheese.
- Make ready of Topping.
- Take 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Get 1 oz of parmesan cheese (shredded).
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh basil (shredded).
They have a ton of specialty slices, and their standard ones are consistently good as well. Spoon half of the ziti into a casserole dish. Spread the ricotta over the top of the ziti. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and rest of grated cheese.
Instructions to make Tony's Baked Ziti:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring 4 quarts water to roiling boil. Add 1 lb ziti and salt to water and boil for 10 minutes..
- Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside..
- Brown sausage and diced garlic over medium heat until fully cooked..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach until wilted, and toss with feta cheese..
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil, thyme, chopped canned tomatoes and pasta water..
- Cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes..
- While red sauce is simmering, in a large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan until well mixed..
- When red sauce is finished cooking, add 2 cups of red sauce to white sauce and mix. After mixing, reserve 1 cup of red-white sauce in separate bowl..
- Add pasta to large mixing bowl and mix..
- Pour pasta into baking dish. Layer on red-white sauce, red sauce, mozzarella and cheese..
- Bake for 23 minutes..
- Broil for 2 minutes on high..
- Remove from oven and add shredded parmesan cheese. Allow to cool for 5 – 7 minutes and serve..
- Garnish with fresh basil..
Top with remaining ziti and rest of sauce (it will be almost overflowing) sprinkle with more grated cheese. Tony's Italian Market is the best local meat market in Denver for high quality meats and seafood! As our customer, expect only the best when it comes to our food and customer service. Our strict adherence to quality and integrity can be seen throughout our markets. When searching for a "local butcher near me", Tony's Meats & Market.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food tony's baked ziti recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!