Southern Fried Cabbage. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage recipe with complete step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions and a printable recipe. … Made with fresh cabbage, butter, salt, pepper, sugar. How easy is that? … Southern Fried Cabbage recipe. … You might want to make a pan of cornbread first. pepper.
Add the onion to the pan. Chop the bacon and cook in the bottom of a lidded pot until the fat is rendered. Add a splash of water to the bottom of the pot to deglaze the browned bits in the bottom.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, southern fried cabbage. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage recipe with complete step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions and a printable recipe. … Made with fresh cabbage, butter, salt, pepper, sugar. How easy is that? … Southern Fried Cabbage recipe. … You might want to make a pan of cornbread first. pepper.
Southern Fried Cabbage is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Southern Fried Cabbage is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern fried cabbage using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Fried Cabbage:
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage.
- Take 1 lb of sliced bacon.
- Make ready to taste of Italian blend seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Get to taste of dill weed.
Add half the cabbage, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Cabbage is among a myriad of side dishes we love in the South, that can also serve as an entree. It can be served alongside a bowl of pinto beans and cornbread as a side dish or with various mix-ins such as peppers, sausage, ham or potatoes to transform it into a main dish as in this recipe for braised cabbage with potatoes and smoked sausages. Add chopped bacon to a large pot.
Instructions to make Southern Fried Cabbage:
- Pull leaves of cabbage apart and wash thoroughly. Discard the tough white hard bitter pieces. Tear into bite size pieces, cutting with a knife can lead to brown edges. Dry thoroughly with a towel..
- In a large skillet, fry all the bacon, saving the bacon grease. Let the bacon drain on a wire rack..
- Heat the bacon grease to popping hot but not smoking. Add the cabbage by the handfuls to the grease until complete. Fold over a few times, the reduce heat to saute. Add seasonings. Continue to saute cabbage until softened..
- Cut the bacon into 1 inch squares and toss with sauteed cabbage, and add additional seasoning to taste..
- Serve and enjoy..
Cook over medium heat until extra crispy. Remove bacon from pot, leaving the grease. This Video Will Show You How To Make The Best Southern Fried Cabbage Recipe. Quick Simple And Super Delicious Recipe. Subscribe to my channel and press the b.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food southern fried cabbage recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!