Potato Waffle Poutine. Potato waffles are a potato-based savoury dish in a waffle shape. They are common in the United Kingdom and Ireland and are also available in some other countries, including Australia, Canada and United States. They are made of potato, oil, and seasonings.
They 're done when you can fork them and there' s no resistance. Remove potato waffles from the waffle iron, season with salt and pepper, and cut into quarters. Spicy Poutine Potato Skins from Grumpy's Honeybunch.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, potato waffle poutine. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Potato Waffle Poutine is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Potato Waffle Poutine is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Potato waffles are a potato-based savoury dish in a waffle shape. They are common in the United Kingdom and Ireland and are also available in some other countries, including Australia, Canada and United States. They are made of potato, oil, and seasonings.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have potato waffle poutine using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Waffle Poutine:
- Make ready 7 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of gravy.
- Get 1 of cheese curd or shredded mozza.
Potato Waffle Poutine is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Potato Waffle Poutine Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Waffle irons are a marvelous thing.
Steps to make Potato Waffle Poutine:
- FYI… The potatoes should be cold going into the waffle iron, so make sure you've got time..
- Peel & (boil or steam) potatoes. They're done when you can fork them and there's no resistance..
- While (potatoes, boiling/steaming) shred some mozza, make some gravy, get some curd ready, have a beer, etc….
- Smash the potatoes. <important>Do not add butter or milk!</important> Salt to taste. <opinion>Go to town on these, chunky smashed potatoes are great, but not here.</opinion>.
- <reminder> the smashed potatoes should be cold. Preheat your waffle iron before using it. </reminder>.
- Spoon in some potato to the waffle iron and close it. This generally takes longer than waffles. I wouldn't open it for the first few minutes (FAIL). They're done when they're done. <pro tip>Use your sense of smell here</pro tip>.
- Add gratuitous amounts of cheese and gravy. You'll notice the waffle pockets do a great job holding the cheese and gravy. Enjoy it first, thank me later, eh?.
After making copious amounts of delicious waffles, though, you might get the hankering to branch out to other foods. What exactly is a potato waffle? In essence, it's a potato pancake cooked in a waffle iron. Potato pancakes are delicious, but making them always seems like such a big undertaking. These savory potato waffles are similar to potato pancakes, but in waffle form.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food potato waffle poutine recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!