Shakshuka. Shakshouka (Arabic: شكشوكة, also spelled shakshuka or chakchouka) is a Maghrebi dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic, commonly spiced with cumin. Shakshuka is a classic Middle Eastern dish where eggs are poached in a spice filled tomato stew. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, shakshuka. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shakshuka is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Shakshuka is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Shakshouka (Arabic: شكشوكة, also spelled shakshuka or chakchouka) is a Maghrebi dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic, commonly spiced with cumin. Shakshuka is a classic Middle Eastern dish where eggs are poached in a spice filled tomato stew. It's perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shakshuka using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shakshuka:
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes puree.
- Get 1 of big onion chopped finely.
- Get 2 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cumin seeds.
- Make ready 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of freshly crushed peoper.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 of red bell pepper chopped.
- Make ready 1 of green bell pepper chopped.
- Take 2 of green chillies chopped.
- Prepare as needed of water.
Instructions to make Shakshuka:
- I have used non-stick pan..keep a large pan on a medium flame add 2tbsp of olive oil, heat up add chopped onions, and chopped bell peppers including garlic, saute it for 3-4 minutes.
- When it becomes little soft and translucent add in tomato puree,to this add red chilli powder, salt, sugar, paprika, ground cumin powder, give it a good mix, saute for two minutes, add 1/4 water and let it cook on low flame,close the lid of the pan, I cooked it for approx 10-15 minutes.
- Now take out the lid, use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs in to each well, cover the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame or until the eggs are done to your liking, take out from the flame sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and some freshly crushed pepper..your shakshuka is ready to serve…
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shakshuka recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!