Recipe of Ultimate Easy Chicken Quesadillas
Easy Chicken Quesadillas. Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle; sprinkle with cheese, onion, tomato and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Top with another tortilla; spray top of tortilla with cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, easy chicken quesadillas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Easy Chicken Quesadillas is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle; sprinkle with cheese, onion, tomato and chicken. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have easy chicken quesadillas using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Chicken Quesadillas:
- Make ready of filling.
- Make ready 8-12 of flour or corn tortillas based on size, 1 Tblspn canola oil.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/2 of red onion diced.
- Take 1 of jalepeno, seeded, diced.
- Take 1 of lg clove garlic minced.
- Get 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- Get 1 (10 oz) of can diced tomato with green chilis, juices reserved.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken.
- Take of juice of 1 large lime.
- Make ready 1 cup of large grated sharp cheddar.
- Get 1 cup of crumbled queso fresco.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare of cilantro cream salsa.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Make ready of juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Take of large handful cilantro leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chili flake.
- Get to taste of salt.
Remove from the skillet and dice into. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. All you need to do is cook the filling (don't worry, it won't take long), assemble the quesadillas and then brown them on a griddle or in a skillet.
Instructions to make Easy Chicken Quesadillas:
- Saute onion garlic and jalepeno in olive oil for a few minutes, add taco seasoning and stir to toast for 2-5 minutes until onions are semi translucent.
- Add drained diced tomato, stir. Add shredded chicken, stir until heated through. Add tomato juices as needed for moisture.
- Turn off heat on chicken mixture, cool completely. Stir in cheese. Salt to taste. Set aside..
- Blend all salsa ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- On a medium high heat add enough canola oil to just coat a skillet or griddle.
- Place tortilla on skillet, top with chicken mixture leaving a 1/2 inch of room around edges for melting room, top with tortilla.
- Allow first side to crisp up and get golden, flip, repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- Allow each to cool a few minutes and slice in quarters with a pizza cutter. Enjoy with cilantro cream salsa, fresh lime wedges, and fresh chopped cilantro as a garnish.
- Side note. When using acids like lime juice always salt at the end to your preference to avoid over saltiness. Also all spicy heat (peppers and chiles) and seasoning elements can be adjusted to your preference in taste.
In a heated pan, add olive oil, onion and bell peppers and sautee, then set aside. In a separate pan heat the tortillas on a low heat, on each side. Add the filling, with cheese, to the tortilla and flip half the tortilla over the filling. Cook until the cheese has melted. Enjoy them immediately, or wrap them up for your freezer as a make-ahead weeknight dinner.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food easy chicken quesadillas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!