Old Fashioned Carrot Cake. Remove to a wire rack to cool. In a large mixer, cream the butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. FROSTING: Cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, old fashioned carrot cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Remove to a wire rack to cool. In a large mixer, cream the butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. FROSTING: Cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
Old Fashioned Carrot Cake is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Old Fashioned Carrot Cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook old fashioned carrot cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Old Fashioned Carrot Cake:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Get 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Get 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Get 1 pinch of of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- Take 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of icing.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- Take 2 of 8 oz blocks of cream cheese (room temperature).
- Take 3 1/2 of to 4 cups powdered sugar.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine, cream cheese, vanilla, and confectioners sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Fold in the pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
Steps to make Old Fashioned Carrot Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat oil and sugar, then add eggs. Beat until mixed..
- Add the rest of the cake ingredients in the order given and beat for 1 minute..
- Pour cake batter into two greased 9 inch round cake pans..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes, then loosen edges with butter knife and invert cake onto plate or wire rack to finish cooling. Once completely cool, stack one cake on the other and frost..
- Icing: mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth, then add sugar a little at a time until smooth and desired consistency. Spread on cooled cake..
This Old Fashioned Carrot Cake is rich, moist and sooo delicious. It is one of those cakes that makes you close your eyes and say "Mmmm" with every bite. Freshly grated carrots, crushed pineapple and golden raisins make up the two cake layers which are covered in a delicious Cream Cheese frosting topped with lightly toasted walnuts. Mix vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, crushed pineapples, and pineapple juice. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food old fashioned carrot cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!