How to Prepare Perfect Fried Cabbage…
Fried Cabbage…. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat.
Season with salt and pepper and serve. Add onion to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. For shredding begin by cutting cabbage into quarters.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, fried cabbage…. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Fried Cabbage… is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Fried Cabbage… is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have fried cabbage… using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fried Cabbage…:
- Prepare 5 slice of thick bacon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Make ready 1 medium of onion (minced).
- Get 1 large of head cabbage.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of water.
Cut by making thin slices across the cut sides of the cabbage. Discard core and any tough ribs. Heat bacon fat in a large cast iron Dutch oven. Add cabbage and stir just until glistening.
Instructions to make Fried Cabbage…:
- fry the bacon until crisp. I usually use a cast iron Dutch oven..
- should be about an inch of bacon drippings in the pan..
- cut up cabbage and discard the core of the cabbage..
- the oil should be on Med. stir the cabbage to coat the cabbage. wilt lettuce to about 1/2 its volume..
- add the onion, salt, and pepper..
- stir to mix. add the water and turn down to Med low… cover…
- stir every 10 minutes. let cook for 20-30 minutes, until cabbage is tender..
Lower heat and add pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste and continue. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Cook onion in the hot bacon grease until tender. Add cabbage, and stir in water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Easy Southern Fried Cabbage recipe with complete step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions and a printable recipe. … Made with fresh cabbage, butter, salt, pepper, sugar.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food fried cabbage… recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!