Steps to Prepare Award-winning Coconut creamed spinach
Coconut creamed spinach. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach a few handfuls at a time, stirring until it wilts before adding more. Drain spinach in a sieve, pressing to remove excess liquid.
Transfer to a colander; let cool slightly. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Wipe out the skillet you used for the spinach and heat ½ tablespoon more oil.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, coconut creamed spinach. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach a few handfuls at a time, stirring until it wilts before adding more. Drain spinach in a sieve, pressing to remove excess liquid.
Coconut creamed spinach is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Coconut creamed spinach is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have coconut creamed spinach using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut creamed spinach:
- Make ready 1 of large bunch spinach, properly washed and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- Take 1 of carrot, chopped.
- Take 2 of green chili, chopped (optional).
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Get 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- Take 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Add the chopped shallot, mushrooms, garlic, and pinches of salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes, until soft. Squeeze lemon into the pan, give it a stir, and turn heat to low. Add half the coconut milk mixture and stir. Add the spinach back to the pan.
Instructions to make Coconut creamed spinach:
- On medium heat, heat oil in a pan, add the onions. Fry until they are nicely light brown. Add tomatoes, garlic and chili. Cook until the tomatoes are slightly dry. Add the carrot, tomatoes paste, turmeric, paprika, salt to taste and mix well. Add the spinach into the pan and stir well..
- Cover the pan and let it cook, giving it a stir every 3 mins. Cook for about 10 mins. Over cooking spinach will make you loose its nutrients..
- Add coconut cream and let it simmer for 5 min. Ready to serve.
- Serve with ugali or coconut rice with fried fish Enjoy 🌹.
The flavor, however, is anything but muted. When it's finished, the coconut milk infuses the spinach with its richness, at the same time giving the dish a looser, lighter consistency than the cream and handfuls of cheese that usually bind creamed spinach. In a large skillet, over medium then sauté onions and garlic until soft in your healthy fat. Add Spinach and toss, feel free to add a little more oil if needed. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper to taste.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food coconut creamed spinach recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!