Parsnip and Potato Cottage Pie. Taste to check the seasoning, adding a little more if necessary. Whilst the mince is cooking, make the topping. You can make this with fresh ground beef of course, but we love it made with chopped leftover roast beef.
Mini Cottage Pies with Parsnip & Potato Top. This quick and easy dish is the perfect way to add warmth to your mid-week meals. Drain and mash with seasoning and enough milk to make a creamy consistency.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, parsnip and potato cottage pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Taste to check the seasoning, adding a little more if necessary. Whilst the mince is cooking, make the topping. You can make this with fresh ground beef of course, but we love it made with chopped leftover roast beef.
Parsnip and Potato Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Parsnip and Potato Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have parsnip and potato cottage pie using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Parsnip and Potato Cottage Pie:
- Get 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 large of onion.
- Take 2 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 2 medium of celeries.
- Get 500 grams of minced beef.
- Prepare 290 ml of beef stock.
- Get 400 grams of can tomatos.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Take 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Get 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Take 750 grams of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 225 grams of parsnips, peeled and chopped.
- Take 75 grams of butter.
- Make ready 55 ml of milk.
- Make ready 50 grams of chedder cheese.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more, being careful not to burn the garlic. Now add the carrots and parsnip, add a drizzle more oil if needed, turn the heat up a. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth to a measuring cup and stir together.
Steps to make Parsnip and Potato Cottage Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5..
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook over a medium heat for five minutes until soft..
- Add the minced beef and cook for three minutes or until brown..
- Add the beef stock, tomatoes, purée, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf and thyme..
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Season..
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, boil the potatoes and parsnips in water until soft. Drain and mash with the butter and milk..
- Spoon the meat mix into an ovenproof dish. Top with the mash and then cheese and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown..
Cottage pie with spiced parsnip and potato topping. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and place the parsnips into the boiling water. Drain the parsnips and place into a bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the parsnips. How To Cook – Cottage Pot Pies
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food parsnip and potato cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!