Recipe of Homemade Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
Using just a few handy ingredients, create a delicious main dish, that also makes great leftovers – if there are any! Serve with a salad and pasta or rice for a quick, scrumptious dinner. Coat a saute pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken parmesan. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Parmesan is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Parmesan is something that I have loved my whole life.
Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken parmesan using 31 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Parmesan:
- Take of Chicken :.
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Make ready 1 cup of milk (buttermilk or regular).
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Make ready 1 cup of classic breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of each garlic powder, onion powder, pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Get of Marinara Sauce :.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of unsalted diced tomato.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Take Pinch of sugar.
- Take of Alfredo Sauce :.
- Take 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Make ready 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
- Get 2 tbsp. of block style cream cheese, cut into small cubes.
- Take 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Get 1/8 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of milk (may or may not need).
- Get of Other :.
- Take 1/2 box (8 oz.) of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Freshly chopped parsley (optional for garnish).
Layer in the chicken pieces and top with mozzarella slices. Make chicken: Prepare breading station with three large mixing bowls: one bowl with panko, garlic powder, and Parmesan mixed with a fork; another with the egg mixture; and the third bowl with flour. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then in bread crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.
Instructions to make Chicken Parmesan:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with foil. We like to place a greased wire rack on top of the pan (this will help to keep the chicken crispier) but if you don't have a wire rack, then just grease the foil and set the pan aside..
- Start by preparing the chicken. We usually butterfly two larger chicken breasts and that's enough for my family of 4. Place the chicken in either a gallon size Ziploc bag or a large Tupperware and add the milk and beaten egg. Place this in the fridge while you prepare the marinara sauce..
- For the marinara, heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute or so more. Then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and sugar. Once it all comes to a low boil, reduce the heat to med-low and let this simmer while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Back to the chicken…in a separate gallon size Ziploc bag or in a large shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Remove the chicken from the milk/egg mixture, let the excess drip off, then coat the chicken in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture. Place each coated piece on the greased wire rack (if using) or just on the prepared pan (if not using a wire rack). Place in the oven and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F..
- While the chicken cooks, get a large pot of water over high heat for the spaghetti. Once it comes to a boil, cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain. Also once it comes to a boil, begin the next step as well. If you still have a little time before everything else is ready, then toss the drained spaghetti lightly in olive oil so it doesn't stick together, then set it aside. I like to just place it back into the pot it was cooked in with a lid over the top to keep it hot..
- One of the last steps is to prepare the Alfredo sauce. Start this when your chicken has about 15 or so minutes left. Place the cream, butter and cream cheese in a large (preferably non-stick) skillet over medium heat. Whisk often until everything is melted and smooth. Then whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. If it's too thick, whisk in the additional milk to loosen it up a bit. Once the cheese has melted and incorporated, let this simmer for 5 or so minutes..
- If your timing is good, then you'll have everything going simultaneously while the chicken is finishing up. At this point, taste your marinara and add any additional seasonings you think it needs. Almost done!.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked through, turn off the oven, remove the chicken from the oven and spoon a generous amount of marinara over the top. Sprinkle with some of the freshly shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Then return the pan to the oven. The heat will melt the cheeses in just a few minutes..
- Toss the spaghetti with the Alfredo sauce. Divide the pasta evenly among everyones plates. Then spoon a bit of marinara over everyone's portion of pasta. Slice up the chicken and serve it to the side of the pasta. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese you have and garnish with some parsley..
- Finally finished! Serve immediately and congratulate yourself on preparing this beast of a meal. But most importantly, enjoy it!.
In Europe, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Parmesan are considered the same cheese. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and cheese. Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs. Pour oil in a cast-iron skillet to come ¼ inch (½ cm) up the side. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken parmesan recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!