Steps to Make Any-night-of-the-week Pork Carnitas
Pork Carnitas. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture. Pork Carnitas are bites of pork that are cooked until melt in your mouth tender; then the pork is roasted at high temperature just until caramelized and crisp on the edges. Carnitas literally translates to "little meats." The carnitas were an enormous hit with my whole family the first time I made them.
Cover pot and transfer to oven. These pork carnitas can definitely be done in the slow cooker. After the meat has rested, you will still want to crisp the meat in a pan on the stove-top before serving.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pork carnitas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture. Pork Carnitas are bites of pork that are cooked until melt in your mouth tender; then the pork is roasted at high temperature just until caramelized and crisp on the edges. Carnitas literally translates to "little meats." The carnitas were an enormous hit with my whole family the first time I made them.
Pork Carnitas is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Pork Carnitas is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have pork carnitas using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Carnitas:
- Get 2 pounds of trimmed pork butt into 1 inch thick slices it is about 4-5 large slices (all slices should be even).
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Get 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Take 11/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Take 11/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Get 1 of large white onion, cut into wedges.
- Make ready 1 head of garlic, smashed peeled and roughly chopped.
- Get 2 of limes, juiced.
- Take 1 cup of orange juice.
- Make ready 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaves.
Pork Carnitas can be used as a base for all types of Mexican foods. I like to serve Pork Carnitas in flour tortillas with Fire-Roasted Salsa, fresh cilantro, and avocado. Pork Carnitas are so tender and juicy with wonderful crispy bits. You need this for your dinner.
Steps to make Pork Carnitas:
- Mix the dry seasoning together then coat the 1 inch thick slices of pork..
- Mix together the lime juice, orange juice, chicken stock and pour over the pork. Let sit for 20 minutes..
- In a baking pan or Dutch oven add the onion, garlic and bay leaf, on the bottom and place the pork and pour liquid over on top..
- Cover and cook in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours or (until the meat falls apart)..
- Remove pork and shred with two forks (DO NOT DISCARD THE LIQUID!).
- Strain and save the liquid. (Note the onions and the garlic did taste good and you may want to eat them??).
- TO CRISP ON STOVE: Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan or cast iron skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add pork and sear until just beginning to crisp. Pour over about 1/2 cup of left over liquid, and continue cooking until the juices begin to reduce down and the meat is nice and crispy..
- TO SERVE: 1. Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired. Pour over more of the juices once the meat has crisped for added flavor, just before serving! Serve in Tacos, Burritos, or in a salad!.
And your family will be fighting over the leftovers. An Authentic Pork Carnitas Recipe that is completely addictive! First it cooks slowly in a crock pot, on the stove, or in your slow cooker before you put it into the oven to become crispy and caramelized. This Mexican pulled pork is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos or nachos. Our friends are always impressed when we serve this up buffet style with all the sides and fixins.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food pork carnitas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!