Simple French Onion Soup. Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender. Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
Increase the heat to medium high. This easy onion soup is a classic French recipe with a crisp bread and ooey-gooey cheese topping. In this version, condensed beef broth gives the soup its bold flavor.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, simple french onion soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Simple French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Simple French Onion Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender. Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook simple french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- Make ready 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make ready 4 cups of sliced onions.
- Prepare 4 (10.5 ounce) of cans beef broth.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dry sherry.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 4 slices of French bread.
- Get 4 slices of provolone cheese.
- Take 2 slices of Swiss cheese, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
If the broth tastes too strong for your tastes, simply add more water. This is French onion soup made the easy way! It's the perfect starter for fall or winter dinners. The secret is a splash of sherry vinegar and sherry wine.
Steps to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions..
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Heat the oven broiler..
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly..
Top with a slice of baguette bread, sprinkle with Gruyere, and broil to golden brown for an impressive first course. Tyler Florence's French Onion Soup recipe, topped with nutty Gruyere croutons and stuffed with caramelized onions, is the ultimate in cozy French bistro fare. French Onion Soup is such a classic and SO easy to make! Onions are slowly caramelized until soft and sweet, simmered with beef broth, thyme, and just a touch of sugar. It's topped with a crispy crouton, loads of shredded gruyere cheese and broiled into a crispy, cheesy oblivion.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food simple french onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!