Savoury Corn Waffles.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, savoury corn waffles. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Savoury Corn Waffles is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Savoury Corn Waffles is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook savoury corn waffles using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Savoury Corn Waffles:
- Get 1 of egg separated.
- Prepare 1 cups of warm milk.
- Get 2 tbsp. of butter, melted.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of sugar.
- Get 3/4 cup of corn flour.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, Maida.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of corn boiled.
- Make ready 1 spoon of red pepper chopped.
- Get 1 spoon of yellow pepper chopped.
- Take 4 of cherry tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 of lemon diced.
- Get 1 of fried egg optional.
Steps to make Savoury Corn Waffles:
- Sift the corn flour, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the yolk, milk, butter and sugar. (If you are lactose intolerant then you can use fresh buttermilk instead of milk) Stir to make a smooth batter. Add the boiled corn and the chopped peppers. Now fold in the egg whites and your batter is ready. Cover the batter and keep aside..
- Meanwhile, heat your waffle iron and grease it with a little butter. Scoop a ladle of batter into the waffle maker once it is hot. It took me 15 minutes to get crisp golden brown waffles. I like my waffles real crisp and I grilled them in the oven for 4 minutes to get the crisp texture..
- Make more waffles with the remaining batter and serve on a bed of spinach or lettuce leaves garnished with cherry tomatoes. A generous spread of tomato garlic chilli sauce and a dash of lime gave my Savory Corn Waffles it a fresh lemony tang..
- Monsoon days are here and so are Waffling days! Notes-You can change the filling. Add peas, potato, chicken or fish. You can make it with wheat flour..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food savoury corn waffles recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!