Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake
Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake. Sweet cakes and breads studded with candied fruits and nuts are hallmarks of Christmas baking in many The first and most famous variety of stollen is the Dresdner Christstollen. I'm sharing with you my recipe for Stollen which is thoroughly authentic in. Stollen is a fruit bread of nuts, spices, and dried or candied fruit, coated with powdered sugar or icing sugar and often containing marzipan.
Christstollen is a rich yeast dough full of raisins, nuts, and candied fruit. "This was a moist and delicious stollen, and I'm sure I will make it again. Video, Schnitt und Bäcker Georg Z. German Christstollen (Fruit Cake) in a Glass Jar.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, christstollen/german christmas fruit cake. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet cakes and breads studded with candied fruits and nuts are hallmarks of Christmas baking in many The first and most famous variety of stollen is the Dresdner Christstollen. I'm sharing with you my recipe for Stollen which is thoroughly authentic in. Stollen is a fruit bread of nuts, spices, and dried or candied fruit, coated with powdered sugar or icing sugar and often containing marzipan.
Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have christstollen/german christmas fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake:
- Take of all purpose flour.
- Take of egg.
- Take of butter.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Get of milk.
- Take of / 1 pack dry yeast.
- Make ready of raisin (soaked in rum).
- Prepare of zitronat / dried lemon.
- Prepare of orangeat / dried orange.
- Prepare of chopped almond.
- Get of cinnamon powder.
- Make ready of clove powder.
- Make ready of cardamon powder.
- Get of Garnish:.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- Take of Powder sugar.
I already have a nice recipe for a "traditional" German Christstollen here on the blog… well, maybe not that traditional since I threw out the candied orange and lemon peel and used other dried fruits instead – nonetheless, this Christmas Stollen with. After reading all about the English Fruit Cake/ Christmas Cake, let us now travel southwards to my second home Germany to The Christstollen has been around for centuries now. It is a yeasted bread baked with a mix of rum soaked dry fruits, nuts, spices and candied citrus peel. Christmas is just around the corner.
Steps to make Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake:
- Warm the milk for 1 minute and add 1 tsp sugar. Add the dry yeast into the warm milk to activate it. Keep it aside..
- In a bowl, add flour, butter, egg, sugar. Mix it with low speed kitchen machine..
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Let it knead for 10 – 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic..
- Let the dough ferment/rest for 1 hour in a bowl and cover it with dry towel/ folio.
- After one hour, add the dried fruits and nuts into the dough. Mix it well..
- Place the dough on top of table. Sprinkle some flour..
- Roll it flat around 3 cm. Fold the dough from one end to the middle and fold the other side on top of the fold..
- Place it on baking paper. Let it proof for another 45 minutes..
- Bake the fruit cake in 180 C oven for 45 minutes..
- Remove it out of oven. Cool it down for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter. Brush the butter on top of the cake..
- Sprinkle enough sugar powder..
- Cool it down. Slice it into two and pack it with aluminium folio and keep it for one week..
- The cake will be compact and tasty..
Where it came from, how it got its name, how and why. Stollen is the traditional German Christmas bread like cake packed with mixed candied fruits, almonds, and spices. Also known as Christstollen, or Weihnachtsstollen. To know more about Stollen history read here. Although it's perfect for the holidays, stollen tastes great any time of the year.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food christstollen/german christmas fruit cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!