How to Make Perfect Pita Bread
Pita Bread. Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a large bread bowl. Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. There are two ways to cook pita bread.
Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. It can be made with or without an interior pocket. Pita bread is served at just about every meal in the Middle East.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pita bread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pita Bread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Pita Bread is something that I have loved my entire life.
Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water in a large bread bowl. Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. There are two ways to cook pita bread.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pita bread using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread:
- Get 21/2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 11/4 cups of warm water.
- Get 3 Cups of flour.
- Get 1/4 cup of oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
It can be used for dipping, or to make delicious sandwiches in the pocket. This recipe makes a dozen pitas you can garnish with some minced fresh parsley, or you could sprinkle with za'atar or other spice blend. Pita (/ ˈ p ɪ t ə / or US: / ˈ p iː t ə /) or pitta (British English), is a family of yeast-leavened round flatbreads baked from wheat flour, common in the Mediterranean, Middle East, and neighboring areas. It includes the widely known version with an interior pocket, also known as Arabic bread (Arabic: khubz ʿarabī), Syrian bread and other names, as well as pocketless versions such as.
Steps to make Pita Bread:
- Add flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add the oil and water a little at a time and start kneading.
- Knead dough 8-10 minutes until soft. Oil bowl and dough, cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide into 8 pieces. Roll out one unto a round.
- Heat a non stick pan with little oil. Lay pita bread in the hot pan and cook until it begins to puff up.
- Cook until the bottom has brown she spots. Flip bread and cook second side. Flip again and cook for 30 seconds the pita bread will begin to puff up as it fills up with hot air.
- Stack the pita bread on a plate and serve as you wish.
How to Make Pita Bread: Step-by-Step. Add ½ cup flour and whisk together. Place the mixing bowl in a warm (not hot) place, uncovered. Pita bread dates back thousands of years and is a staple in the cuisines of the Middle East and Mediterranean. Just as corn or potatoes appear on American tables every day, so does pita bread in countries like Turkey, Israel, Greece, Lebanon, and Egypt.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food pita bread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!