Recipe of Favorite Greek pita bread
Greek pita bread. Greek Pita Bread, the easy and tasty recipe. Greek pita, easy to make at home! What makes souvlaki so unmistakable in the culinary landscape, aside from the exquisite grilled meat and tzatziki sauce, is of course the use of pita bread.
Pita bread (from Greek: πίτα) is a staple of countless Greek dishes. A favorite to serve with dips and spreads, like melitzanosalata, fava, feta cheese dip and many others. Together with Moussaka it is one of the most well known Greek dishes!.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, greek pita bread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek pita bread is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Greek pita bread is something which I have loved my entire life.
Greek Pita Bread, the easy and tasty recipe. Greek pita, easy to make at home! What makes souvlaki so unmistakable in the culinary landscape, aside from the exquisite grilled meat and tzatziki sauce, is of course the use of pita bread.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook greek pita bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek pita bread:
- Make ready 160 ml of milk (room temperature).
- Get 80 ml of water (room temperature).
- Get 1 tsp of white granulated sugar.
- Get 7 g of yeast.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 340 g of strong white bread flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of salt and pepper mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh chopped thyme.
Greek Pita bread is of course most commonly known from souvlaki, a very popular Greek street food, which is actually a pita bread sandwich, filled. A traditional recipe for pita bread comes straight from a Greek restaurant. The secret to the most tender, freshest pitas is to let the dough sit after forming to relax the gluten. First of all, pour the lukewarm water into a bowl, then add and dissolve the dry yeast along with the sugar.
Instructions to make Greek pita bread:
- Combine the sugar, yeast, water and milk in a bowl. Set the bowl aside for 10 minutes. Wait for the mixture to start bubbling..
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, salt and chopped fresh thyme leaves. Mix thoroughly..
- Add olive oil to the yeast mixture before slowly combining with the flour mixture. Use stand mixer or knead by hand until dough is smooth..
- Brush or spray bowl with oil and add the dough. Sprinkle some flour over the top and leave for 60 minutes to prove. Cover with a tea towel or similar. It should double in size..
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions, approximately 100g in size. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until approximately 30cm in size..
- Pizza oven and frying pan fundamentals are the same – cook each size for 1-2 minutes, watching as the puff up slightly. Turn when a golden brown colour. Don’t allow to go too dark in colour..
Now, add half of the flour amount into the bowl, stirring, then add the salt and the extra-virgin olive oil. Continue to add flour stirring until the mixture becomes dense enough to be worked on a wooden board. Turn the dough clockwise to achieve the round shape. Then, lightly score with a knife or pinch each pita with a fork. Mix lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, and basil in a bowl; whisk oil into lemon juice mixture until dressing is well blended.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food greek pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!