Easiest Way to Prepare Speedy Homemade pita bread and pockets
Homemade pita bread and pockets. Our recipe is intended to make a pita bread with pockets. And originally, we cooked the pita bread on the stovetop in a hot cast iron pan and were delighted with the results. This homemade pita recipe is a game-changer!
This recipe is made with very basic ingredients and so easy to make. If you follow my recipe you will end up with the softest pita bread that you've ever had. In a bowl, add flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, homemade pita bread and pockets. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Our recipe is intended to make a pita bread with pockets. And originally, we cooked the pita bread on the stovetop in a hot cast iron pan and were delighted with the results. This homemade pita recipe is a game-changer!
Homemade pita bread and pockets is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Homemade pita bread and pockets is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook homemade pita bread and pockets using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Take 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dry active yeast or fresh yeast.
- Take of For pita packet.
- Take of For stuffing.
- Take 1/2 cup of grated carrot.
- Get 1 of small finely chopped capsicum.
- Make ready 1 of small finely chopped onion.
- Take 1 of small deseeded chopped tomato.
- Get 1/4 cup of boiled American corn kernels.
- Get 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of chat masala.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli sauce.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Tomato ketchup.
- Make ready 1 cube of grated cheese.
- Get of Other ingredients.
- Get 4 tsp of Pizza sauce.
- Make ready As needed of Butter.
Make a well in the middle of the flour and add warm water and oil. Pita bread is a great way of enjoying your favorite appetizers. Pita bread is nothing but a straightforward bread dough recipe where wheat flour, yeast, milk are combined together to form a soft dough. Either way, your homemade pita pockets will taste amazing!
Instructions to make Homemade pita bread and pockets:
- Dissolve dry active yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water and rest for 7-10 minutes. In a mixing bowl take all-purpose flour and wheat flour. Add salt and oil and mix well. Add yeast mixture and combine well. Add required water and knead soft dough..
- Sprinkle little flour on clean platform surface, turn out the dough and knead for about 5 minutes. (Add little more flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking to your hands). Now coat the dough with oil and put it into bowl. Cover with plate or plastic wrap. Put in a warm place for 2 hours or until it rise to double it's size..
- After rising gently deflate the dough and divide into 6 equal parts. Shape them into balls. Cover with cotton napkin or towel and rest for 10 minutes..
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 200°C. Grease baking plate with oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Now using a floured rolling pin, roll out one of ball into round or oval shape. Put this rolled out pita on baking plate..
- Bake for 2 minutes on one side and then using pair of tongs carefully turn pita and bake for 2 minutes on other side. The pita will puff nicely and should be ready. Take out from oven and cover baked pitas with towel while you work on the rest of other pitas. (My oven can do one at a time)..
- For pita packet:- Mix all ingredients mentioned above ' for stuffing' in a bowl. Stuffing is ready. Cut prepared pita into half. Apply some pizza sauce and fill stuffing into. Grill on grill pan by applying butter on both sides till golden and crisp. You can fill stuffing of your choice..
And is the perfect accompaniment to olives platters. I used a variation of Chef Billy Parisi's Pita bread recipe. I cut the recipe in half as well for a small batch recipe. Place a heavy baking sheet or baking stone on the lowest rack of the oven. With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough out, then fold and roll again.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food homemade pita bread and pockets recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!