How to Make Any-night-of-the-week Sourdough Pita Bread
Sourdough Pita Bread. This recipe is a delicious use of sourdough starter. Use to make gyros or stuff with hummus and an assortment of fresh vegetables. The rising may take a little while depending on temperature and how active the starter is.
The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture. Fresh Homemade Pita Bread is fragrant, delicious and better than any store-bought. This is a very easy and quick recipe to make.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sourdough pita bread. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sourdough Pita Bread is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Sourdough Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
This recipe is a delicious use of sourdough starter. Use to make gyros or stuff with hummus and an assortment of fresh vegetables. The rising may take a little while depending on temperature and how active the starter is.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sourdough pita bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sourdough Pita Bread:
- Get 1 Cup of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe).
- Make ready 2 cup of white flour.
- Get 2 Tsp of your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame).
- Take 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Get 2 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup of room temperature water (after boiling).
Put a pita on on a peel and spread some passata on it. Top with some slices buffalo mozzarella. Than put some fresh leaves of basil on top. Add a fresh leaf of basil.
Steps to make Sourdough Pita Bread:
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball..
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F..
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious..
A falafel sandwich, hummus with soft warm pita, a real banana milkshake, and baklava were the common lunchtime orders for us. If you are so lucky to be in the area and order a falafel sandwich, you will find spicy and fragrant falafel balls nestled in a crisp lettuce salad with tomato, cucumber, and tahini dressing all bulging out of a soft and chewy pita bread. Stuff with your favorite hummus and veggies for a healthy, filling meal. Although this pita bread requires a little planning in advance (feeding the starter.), it really is quite simple to make. Sourdough pita bread, or sourdough pita pockets as they're also known, as super versatile flatbreads.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food sourdough pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!