Simple Way to Prepare Favorite Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter
Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter. Heat a cast iron griddle and place a formed pita on the hot. Great recipe for Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter. I challenged myself to create a recipe for pita bread using my homemade raisin bread starter.
Making sourdough pita bread from a starter is very simple. It does take a long time, but it is so worth it. This recipe is a delicious use of sourdough starter.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pita bread using homemade bread starter. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Heat a cast iron griddle and place a formed pita on the hot. Great recipe for Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter. I challenged myself to create a recipe for pita bread using my homemade raisin bread starter.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook pita bread using homemade bread starter using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter:
- Prepare 100 grams of Bread starter.
- Take 250 grams of Strong bread flour.
- Take 1 of and 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Honey (or molasses or sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Take 130 ml of Water.
In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar and stir until dissolved. Place a heavy baking sheet or baking stone on the lowest rack of the oven. With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough out, then fold and roll again. Close like a book, roll again, and close again, repeating the process a few times to get the air bubbles out of the dough.
Steps to make Pita Bread Using Homemade Bread Starter:
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients, expect the water. The amount of water you will need to put in will depend on the weather, so put in as much as necessary.
- Slowly sprinkle on water until the ingredients clump together..
- Wait for it to double in size. (This took 5-6 hours even in Kobe city's June heat)..
- Deflate and divide into 8 balls. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Let rise for 5 minutes..
- Roll out the dough from the center to the edge. Don't try to do it all at once, gently work the dough out repeatedly (this is the secret to a good rise). Stretch to your desired thickness, but remember that if you leave it too thick the pitas will be small and fillings won't fit in..
- Flip over and place on a baking tray..
- Bake in a preheated 220°C oven for 8 minutes. (Adjust the time and heat according to your oven and desired browning.).
- Cool on a rack. Store the extras in the fridge..
- Serve with dry curry..
- or in your bento..
Sourdough Pita Bread is actually quite easy to make. Using sourdough starter instead of yeast extends the time, but it's mostly hands-off. The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture. Mix at low speed, using a dough hook attachment, until dough is soft, supple, and slightly sticky. This recipe is a delicious use of sourdough starter.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pita bread using homemade bread starter recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!