Steps to Make Ultimate Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Brown in a little oil until golden. Place chicken in a baking dish, add cheese and ham. This creamy, crowd-pleasing casserole delivers generously on cheesy, savory flavor—but requires a fraction of the fuss of classic chicken cordon bleu.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken cordon bleu casserole. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken cordon bleu casserole using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
- Prepare 2 cups of Chicken Breast, cubed.
- Get 2 cups of Ham, cubed.
- Take 1 1/4 cups of Monterey Jack Cheese, grated.
- Get 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper.
- Get to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Make ready 5 tablespoons of Butter.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs.
The key to this chicken cordon bleu casserole's incredible, bubbly richness is the stovetop cheese sauce made with Swiss and Gruyère. (If you have trouble finding Gruyère, simply substitute the same amount of Swiss.) For the cheese sauce: In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Layer the pieces of ham on top. In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the melted butter, softened cream cheese, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
Instructions to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9×13 baking dish with butter or spray.
- Layer 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 the ham, and about 1/2 cup of cheese. Repeat once..
- Melt 5 tbsp in a sauce pan.
- Put breadcrumbs in a bowl, add half the melted butter. Mix then set aside.
- Add flour to the sauce plan to create a roux.
- Add milk, broth, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to roux. Mix until it thickens slightly. Then remove from heat and add the rest of the cheese..
- Pour the liquid over the casserole then add the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Blend until a thick sauce forms. In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, italian dressing mix, and dijon mustard until combined. This makes a really flavorful sauce. Melt the butter over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, and add garlic as it melts. Stir in salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika and lemon juice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!