Easiest Way to Make Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Brown in a little oil until golden. Place chicken in a baking dish, add cheese and ham. This creamy, crowd-pleasing casserole delivers generously on cheesy, savory flavor—but requires a fraction of the fuss of classic chicken cordon bleu.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken cordon bleu casserole. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stir in the chicken chunks to coat, then drain, and coat with bread crumbs. Fry breaded chicken cubes in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, then remove, and drain on paper towels. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have chicken cordon bleu casserole using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
- Make ready of topping.
- Make ready 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of crushed dried parsley.
- Take 1 of salt & pepper.
- Make ready of casserole.
- Get 6 cup of cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken is excellent).
- Take 1/2 lb of very thinly sliced deli-style honey ham, rough chopped.
- Get 1/4 lb of thin sliced baby Swiss cheese.
- Make ready of sauce.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of milk.
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- Make ready 1 of salt.
The key to this chicken cordon bleu casserole's incredible, bubbly richness is the stovetop cheese sauce made with Swiss and Gruyère. (If you have trouble finding Gruyère, simply substitute the same amount of Swiss.) For the cheese sauce: In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Layer the pieces of ham on top. In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the melted butter, softened cream cheese, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
Instructions to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside..
- Put cooked shredded or diced chicken on the bottom of the baking dish. Rough chop the ham and scatter it over the top of the chicken. Lay the Swiss cheese on top of the ham..
- To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. When butter is melted, quickly stir in the flour to form a smooth roux. Do not brown! Once the roux is smooth and bubbly, slowly pour in the cold milk while stirring briskly to make a smooth sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Stir in the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, smoked paprika and white pepper. Bring sauce just back to a low boil and turn off heat. Pour sauce evenly over the casserole, being certain to get some of the sauce around the edges of the pan..
- To make the topping: Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Heat it for 30 seconds at a time and stop once it’s melted. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir in the panko bread crumbs, seasoning salt and crushed dried parsley. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole..
- Bake casserole uncovered for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly throughout and topping has turned a light golden brown..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to serving..
Blend until a thick sauce forms. In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, italian dressing mix, and dijon mustard until combined. This makes a really flavorful sauce. Melt the butter over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, and add garlic as it melts. Stir in salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika and lemon juice.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!