Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu
Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place one cheese slice and one ham slice on top of each breast. Fat Free Milk cook chicken, put into a casserole dish. then mix mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic powder,black pepper,broth & cream together.
Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray. Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, low calorie chicken cordon bleu. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu is something that I have loved my entire life.
Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place one cheese slice and one ham slice on top of each breast. Fat Free Milk cook chicken, put into a casserole dish. then mix mayo, parmesan cheese, garlic powder,black pepper,broth & cream together.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook low calorie chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chix breasts; sliced in halves.
- Get 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
- Take 2/3 cup of reduced sodium chix broth.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 4 of thin slice low sodium deli ham.
- Get 4 of ultra thin slice light swiss cheese.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Spread out the cheese slightly and fold edges of ham inward. Next fold each side of the chicken over the ham in a "burrito" like manner.-Set the chicken into the pan of breadcrumbs and thoroughly coat while holding chicken sides closed over the ham and cheese. Be careful not to tear apart the breast. Then spread cheese wedge to cover spinach.
Instructions to make Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Slice chix breast in halves, season lightly with salt & pepper, then lightly dredge in flour.
- In skillet add unsalted butter & olive oil. Add chix to skillet to cook. Cook chix til golden brown on each side..
- While chix is cooking in a mixing bowl add chix broth, dijon mustard, lemon juice & 1 tsp flour. Whisk til smooth..
- Once chix is done cooking remove from skillet & set aside. Add chix broth mixture to skillet, scraping up any left over bits stuck to the pan, then simmer for 2 mins..
- Return chix breasts to skillet, top each piece with a slice of deli ham & a slice of swiss cheese, let simmer til cheese melts. Serve & enjoy!.
To make traditional cordon bleu, you layer prosciutto (or other ham) and cheese in between thin slices of chicken or veal, then bread and sauté the whole stack. This quick, easy version keeps the flavors the same, but skips the fussy layering and breading steps. Serve with: Delicata squash and broccoli. I also replaced the butter in the bread-crumb topping with olive oil. And I chose a low-sodium, low-fat ham to take the curse off even more.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food low calorie chicken cordon bleu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!