How to Prepare Quick Baked Ziti
Baked Ziti. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Pour remaining sauce on top of ziti. Stir together and bring sauce to a simmer. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, baked ziti. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. Boil ziti, following package directions, drain and place in a large bowl. Mix all the ricotta cheese and half of the mozzarella with the ziti.
Baked Ziti is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Baked Ziti is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook baked ziti using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Ziti:
- Take 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Get 1 lb. of ziti noodles.
- Take 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 can (14.5 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- Make ready 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Make ready 2 tsp. of each sugar, dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each salt, Italian seasoning.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Make ready 1 container (15 oz.) of ricotta cheese.
- Take 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Take 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
Turn off heat and reserve until needed. Bake ziti pasta with sausage, tomato sauce, and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. This easy baked ziti recipe is always a hit! Cook ziti according to package directions; drain; set aside.
Steps to make Baked Ziti:
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over med-low heat. Once its hot, add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and cook another 2 or so minutes, until fragrant. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it apart as you cook. Drain out any excess fat, if needed..
- Add all of the canned tomatoes, seasonings and sugar. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat down to low, then let it simmer lightly for 15 or so minutes, while you cook the pasta..
- In a seperate large pot, heat up salted water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain it, toss lightly with a splash of olive oil and return it to the empty pot. Toss the ricotta cheese with the hot pasta. Then stir in all but about a cup or so of the sauce and toss it all together..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan. Spread half of the pasta mixture out into the pan. Then sprinkle half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top of it. Top with the remaining pasta, then spread the remaining sauce evenly over the top, especially around the edges. Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese..
- Bake uncovered for 30 or so minutes, until heated through and the cheese over the top has started to brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!.
Mix cooked sausage and pasta in with ricotta mixture. Top with the rest of the sauce and mozarella cheese. Baked ziti can become dry for several reasons. When assembling the dish, be sure to cover the pasta with enough of the sauce so that the noodles don't dry out. Also, to prevent moisture from evaporating while cooking, cover the dish tightly with foil.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food baked ziti recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!