Recipe of Speedy Irish Soda Bread
Irish Soda Bread. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
Form dough into a round and place on prepared baking sheet. It is then cooked on a dry griddle or pan. Traditionally this was the quickest way to make soda bread for unexpected guests who drop by for a bit of craic (good fun).
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, irish soda bread. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Irish Soda Bread is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Irish Soda Bread is something that I have loved my whole life.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have irish soda bread using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Soda Bread:
- Get 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- Take 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Get 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Take 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
Brush a baking sheet with melted butter or spray with non-stick spray. Combine dry ingredients in a deep bowl. Patrick's Day is right around the corner so we're sharing a collection full of recipes perfect for celebrating the Irish in you! Recipes like a traditional Irish Soda Bread, a Reuben sandwich in appetizer form and rainbow cupcakes.
Steps to make Irish Soda Bread:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the first 7 ingredients. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a few times until dough comes together. Form into round loaf..
- Place loaf on parchment or foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut an "X" into top of the loaf. Mix melted butter and buttermilk. Brush mixture onto the loaf. You can brush buttermilk mixture on throughout bake time. Bake 45-50 mins, check loaf at 30 mins..
The "real" Irish soda bread consists simply of Irish wholemeal flour (equivalent to a coarse grind of our American whole wheat flour), baking soda, salt and buttermilk. At the other end of the spectrum is Americanized Irish soda bread, a white, sweet, cake-like confection filled with raisins or currants and caraway seeds. Using a sharp knife, make a shallow cross in top of loaf. Whisk remaining egg; brush over top. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food irish soda bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!