Simple Way to Make Award-winning Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach. Pan fried fish with succulent flesh and golden crispy skin, with a spoonful of lemon butter drizzled over and a pile of indulgent, creamed spinach. The absolutely best thing to do with a boring bass or bream fillet. Call it what it is: pan fried.
Score the skin across two or three times on each fillet. Pan fried fish with succulent flesh and golden crispy skin, with a spoonful of lemon butter drizzled over and a pile of indulgent, creamed spinach. Hardly in case of this recipe; if you cook your fish in a good non-stick pan you will only need the drop of oil that will make the skin crisp.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pan-fried fish with creamed spinach. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pan fried fish with succulent flesh and golden crispy skin, with a spoonful of lemon butter drizzled over and a pile of indulgent, creamed spinach. The absolutely best thing to do with a boring bass or bream fillet. Call it what it is: pan fried.
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have pan-fried fish with creamed spinach using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach:
- Get 1-2 of scaled fish fillets per person: bass, bream, haddock, hake or snapper, as long as they are not too thick (1-1 ½ inch).
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
- Get of plain flour for dusting (optional).
- Get of oil for frying.
- Get 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare of lemon wedges for serving.
- Make ready of For the creamed spinach:.
- Make ready 300 g of fresh spinach or a bag of frozen.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed.
- Make ready 200 ml of double cream.
- Take 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
- Take 3-4 tbsp. of grated Parmesan.
Salt, freshly milled pepper & freshly grated nutmeg. Melt the butter in the pan. Add the megrim sole fillets to the pan, skin side down. Melt the butter and cook the onion and garlic gently on a low heat until softened.
Instructions to make Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach:
- For the creamed spinach: thaw the frozen spinach, wash the leaves if using fresh. Blanch it with boiling water or microwave for 3-4 minutes on full power. Leave to cool..
- Squeeze most moisture from either the blanched or the thawed spinach and chop it roughly..
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the pressed garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Pour in the cream and turn up the heat. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook down for about 3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and cook for further 2 or 3 minutes. Add the spinach to the mixture, stir in and cook on medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes plus further 5 or 10 with the lid off, to let most of the liquid evaporate..
- Now cook the fish: rinse the fillets and pat dry very well, especially the skin side. Score the skin across two or three times on each fillet. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour if you like, shake off the excess..
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan or skillet – make sure it’s very hot. Place the fillets in the pan, skin side down and press gently with a fish slice to stop them curling. Season the flesh side with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until the flesh around the edges turns opaque and the skin is crisp..
- Turn off the heat and flip the fillets over – they will cook on the residual heat in the pan. Add a knob of butter and swirl it around, basting the fish. Leave the fillets there for a minute. Transfer to warm plates and serve with the spinach..
In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil. Add the spinach and saute until wilted. Reduce heat to medium and add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, Romano cheese and the heavy cream. Add butter and deglaze the pan (scrape up brown bits from the salmon, if any). I love fish and try to eat it once or twice a week.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food pan-fried fish with creamed spinach recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!