Creamed spinach. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool.
The creaminess will make you forget you're eating spinach and turn anyone into a fan of leafy greens. Pour olive oil into a large soup pot, place over high heat, add spinach, and cover. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, creamed spinach. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool.
Creamed spinach is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Creamed spinach is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have creamed spinach using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamed spinach:
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Make ready of Crushed garlic & ginger.
- Make ready of Sunflower oil.
- Prepare of For sauce.
- Take of Cream cheese.
- Make ready of Milk.
- Make ready of Knorr cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
Add the chopped spinach and warm through. Add the salt, nutmeg and the heavy cream. Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add spinach to the cream sauce, stirring gently to combine.
Steps to make Creamed spinach:
- Wash your spinach and roughly chop it.
- Chop your onion.
- Pre-heat your oil.
- Fry onions, crushed garlic and ginger into the oil and let it fry until softened..
- Add your spinach, stir and let it cook for few minutes.
- On a separate pot, prepare your sauce, add milk, cream cheese(according to your discretion) and your cream of mushroom (you can use flour as a substitute) whisk for 3-4 minutes until thick.
- When your spinach has cooked add the sauce and stir.
- You can add salt and pepper to taste… And let it simmer for 5 minutes and it's ready to be served..
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. From Spinach Artichoke Dip to Quick & Creamy Spinach Pasta, I love the combination of sweet spinach and a creamy base. Creamed spinach is a side dish often served with steaks or even Oven Baked Chicken Breasts (or even with stuffed chicken breasts). Cook the spinach following the directions on the package. Add the flour to the melted butter and stir until smooth.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food creamed spinach recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!