Recipe of Award-winning Creamed spinach
Creamed spinach. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool.
The creaminess will make you forget you're eating spinach and turn anyone into a fan of leafy greens. Pour olive oil into a large soup pot, place over high heat, add spinach, and cover. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, creamed spinach. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Creamed spinach is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Creamed spinach is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook creamed spinach using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamed spinach:
- Take 2 bunch of spinach, cleaned and peeled.
- Make ready 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped.
- Make ready 2 of onions, chopped.
- Take 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Take 1 TSP of garlic and ginger paste.
- Make ready 3 TBS of flour.
- Make ready 2 TBS of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 cup of Milk.
Add the chopped spinach and warm through. Add the salt, nutmeg and the heavy cream. Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add spinach to the cream sauce, stirring gently to combine.
Steps to make Creamed spinach:
- Pour the olive oil on the sauce pan, and pour the onion..
- Then let it saute and followed with garlic and ginger paste and the chicken stock..
- After that then add the mushrooms and let them cook and followed with spinach and cover the pot until it cooked..
- Then prepare your sauce by mixing the flour, and milk and once mixed then add to the pot.
- Then let it thicken and the spinach is ready and cooked.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. From Spinach Artichoke Dip to Quick & Creamy Spinach Pasta, I love the combination of sweet spinach and a creamy base. Creamed spinach is a side dish often served with steaks or even Oven Baked Chicken Breasts (or even with stuffed chicken breasts). Cook the spinach following the directions on the package. Add the flour to the melted butter and stir until smooth.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food creamed spinach recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!