Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Creamed Spinach Casserole
Creamed Spinach Casserole. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Press spinach in a mesh strainer to get out as much moisture as possible. Pulse in a food processor until very finely chopped.
Whisk together and cook over medium heat until hot and thick. In a large bowl, combine spinach, onion mixture, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, Gruyère, nutmeg, salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, spinach, soup, onion, cheese and mayonnaise.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, creamed spinach casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Press spinach in a mesh strainer to get out as much moisture as possible. Pulse in a food processor until very finely chopped.
Creamed Spinach Casserole is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Creamed Spinach Casserole is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamed spinach casserole using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamed Spinach Casserole:
- Take 4 (10 oz) of pkgs frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
- Take 1/4 c of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of minced garlic.
- Take 1/4 c of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Take 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 2 c of milk.
- Take 1/2 c of heavy cream.
- Get 1/4 c of cream cheese.
- Take 1/4 c of freshly grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 c of grated swiss or gruyere cheese.
- Get of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Make ready 1 1/2 c of panko crumbs.
- Make ready 1/4 c of butter, melted.
- Take 1/2 c of freshly grated parmesan.
Toss the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. In a medium mixing bowl combine spinach, soup mix and sour cream.
Steps to make Creamed Spinach Casserole:
- Prepare your spinach and set aside to drain. This takes alot of time, make sure to do this before you start your sauce..
- Preheated oven to 375°F. Grease 9×13 pan with butter and set aside..
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onions and saute until they are soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add the garlic and saute until browned and fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, around 2-3 minutes. (This adds flavor to the roux.) Add nutmeg and mix in..
- Pour in one cup of milk slowly, whisking the mixture to ensure that there are no lumps. Once you have added it and the mixture is smooth & creamy, add the remaining g milk and cream whisking constantly to keep it smooth..
- Stir in the cream cheese, parmesan and swiss/gruyere cheese. Keep stirring until all have melted..
- Season now with salt and pepper to taste..
- Spoon the spinach filling into a prepared 9×13 pan..
- In small bowl, combine the toping ingredients, mix well, and sprinkle over top of casserole in an even layer..
- Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes till hot and bubbly. Top with foil if browning too quickly..
- Remove and let stand 5 minutes before serving..
Spoon into greased casserole dish and top with cheese. Creamed Spinach Casserole 'Tis the season for cozy, flavorful, and decadent side dish recipes, and this easy spinach casserole does not disappoint! The simple combination of spinach and cheese in a creamy sauce pairs well with a Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham, but it also goes nicely with grilled steak, fish, or chicken. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, sour cream, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon pieces.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food creamed spinach casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!