Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate cottage pie
cottage pie. Wonderful cottage pie, reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen. I followed the recipe for everything except the green peas coz I do not have them on hand. I use a bigger onion instead.
Overall, this recipe is pretty close to the orignial. Not sure why you would want to add cinnamon to a traditional cottage pie. A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cottage pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Wonderful cottage pie, reminds me of the meals I had in my British school's canteen. I followed the recipe for everything except the green peas coz I do not have them on hand. I use a bigger onion instead.
cottage pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. cottage pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cottage pie using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make cottage pie:
- Prepare 1/2 kg of mince beef.
- Get 2 each of white onions.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of sliced mushrooms.
- Get 2 tsp of lazy chilli in a jar or 1/2 fresh red chilii.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of worcester sauce.
- Take 300 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 3 each of carrots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white flour.
- Make ready 1/2 bunch of of fresh tarragon.
- Prepare 1/2 of tube of double concentrated tomato puree.
- Take 1 large of potatoes for mash such as maris piper.
- Take 1 dash of of milk.
- Prepare 1 of spoon or two of butter.
- Make ready 1 of handful of bay leaves.
We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. For a shepherd's pie, use lamb. Boil the potatoes until soft and mash them with the milk until smooth and creamy. Spoon the meat mixture into a gratin dish and cover with a thick, even layer of mashed potato.
Steps to make cottage pie:
- chop carrots onions and mushrooms quite chunky.
- put enough olive oil in wok or deep frying pan to cook veggies but not fry. just enough to coat them and not burn….
- start with carrots for about 2 mins so they soften a little.
- add onions and let them soften a touch but not brown.
- ads mince and brown.
- once mince is no longer pink add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 mins till mushrooms have softened. if using lazy chilli add now or if fresh add before adding meat..
- add bay leaves and beef stock depending how spicy/ salty you prefer it. I tend to you a spoon of spice called Vegeta available from Polish section at supermarkets instead of stock.
- whisk called water and flour until smooth and pour into pan.
- add generous glug of Worcester sauce and bring slowly to boil. then add 3/4 of tube of tomato puree.
- bring slowly to boil and add chopped tarragon and simmer while your potatoes are boiling.
- serve mash with mixture as it is or put meat mix in casserole and cover with a layer of mash and cook in oven until potato starts going golden browb.
- for potatoes peel cut into chunks and boil in salted water until soft. once cooked drain and return into pain on low heat until water has evaporated. then add bit of milk to same pan with potatoes still in it an gently bring to boil. keep on low heat ans start mashing as soon as milk is hot. keep on low heat and keep mashing adding bit of butter at the time until you're happy with texture..
- serve either as mash and sauce or put sauce in ovenproof dish and too with mash until bubbling away and potato golden brown.
- serve with fresh garden peas.
Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. It's a good remedy for the winter chills.—Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio What goes with Cottage Pie. This is a meat and carb heavy dish, so it goes really well with fresh side salads like a Rocket Salad with Balsamic Dressing, or a Garden Salad with French or Italian Dressing. I recently served it with this Carrot Salad with a Honey Dijon Dressing which was a hit!. For a cosy meal on a cold winter night, try it with a side of Glazed Roasted Carrots and Sautéed.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!