Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week shepherds pie.
shepherds pie.. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes. The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor.
Spoon beef mixture into baking dish. This is a recipe for Cottage Pie. This is a recipe for Cottage Pie.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, shepherds pie.. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
shepherds pie. is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. shepherds pie. is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes. The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have shepherds pie. using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make shepherds pie.:
- Make ready 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of chopped carrots, peas, and corn.
- Make ready 1 of chopped onion.
- Take 1 1/2 lb of potatoes. (3 big ones).
- Make ready 8 tbsp of butter (1 stick).
- Make ready 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Get 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1 of salt, pepper, and other seasonings of choice..
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie would actually call for ground lamb.
Steps to make shepherds pie.:
- 1. peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes.).
- 2. while the potatoes are cookin melt half a stick of butter in large frying pan..
- 3. saute onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 minutes). add vegetables..
- 4. add ground beef and saute until no longer pink. add salt and pepper. add worcesterchire sauce. add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist..
- 5. mash potatoes in bowl with remainder of butter, season to taste..
- 6. place sauted beef and vegetables in baking dish. place mashed potatoes on top. rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely..
- 7. cook in 400° oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes.).
The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. I called this recipe Shepherd's Pie. But, I wrote the recipe so that you could use ground beef or ground lamb. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food shepherds pie. recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!