Steps to Prepare Quick Traditional Cottage Pie
Traditional Cottage Pie. Delivered right to your door, fast! Our gourmet frozen foods require little to no prep – make your occasion extra special. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family.
Place potatoes into a pot; cover with salted water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat. Add the tomato purée, worcestershire sauce and Tabasco, then stir and cook for.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, traditional cottage pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Traditional Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Traditional Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Delivered right to your door, fast! Our gourmet frozen foods require little to no prep – make your occasion extra special. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook traditional cottage pie using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Cottage Pie:
- Take 500 grams of minced beef.
- Take 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots.
- Get 2 clove of garlic.
- Make ready 1 of beef oxo.
- Take 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of brown sauce.
- Get 300 ml of gravy made up.
- Get 1 of big pinch of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 6 large of potatoes.
- Make ready 75 ml of milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
Cottage pie is one of the classic dishes in a British kitchen. It is known for being a hearty, satisfying, and warming food, and although often thought of as a winter dish, it is perfect any time of year. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook over a medium heat until soft.
Steps to make Traditional Cottage Pie:
- boil the potatoes until you can cut easily with a knife.
- mostly brown mince off in a pan.
- dice onion and carrots. crush garlic. add to the mince. crumble oxo over and finish off browning the mince.
- add both sauces, herbs, garlic and gravy. simmer.
- drain the potatoes and leave to steam for 5 mins to make fluffy mash.
- pour mince into a deep casserole dish.
- add butter and milk to the potatoes and mash until all the lumps have gone.
- clip the end of the pipping bag and spoon in the mash. remove clip and pipe one even layer of mash then a layer of spikes.
- place under a grill/broiler until peaks brown.
- if you don't have a pipping bag just spoon on the mash and spike up with a fork.
Add the mince and cook to brown. Add the tinned tomatoes, purée, beef stock, mixed herbs and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. A traditional cottage pie consists of a rich meaty filling on the bottom, topped with vegetables, blanketed in a top layer of potato thatch! It is the ultimate in comfort food!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food traditional cottage pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!