Simple Way to Prepare Quick Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add the corn, tomato sauce and spices. Fresh herbs, Worcestershire sauce and ground pepper carry the flavor in this quick-cooking shepherd's pie with a sweet potato topping. Ground beef adds a rich, savory flavor, but ground turkey or ground meat substitute would work well too.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Take of Vegetables.
- Make ready 1 of onion.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of celery.
- Make ready 1 cup of fennel.
- Take 1 medium of tomato.
- Get 1 small of zucchini.
- Get 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Get of Meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Take 1/2 lb of sausage.
- Make ready 6 1/2 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Take 2 medium of sweet potatoes, mashed.
Place sweet potatoes in a large. Add to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
Classic Shepherds Pie is traditionally made with lamb. A great other option would be to use lean ground meat. But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd's pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes. This meal is specially made during St. Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!