Mediterranean Lentil Salad. In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. This Mediterranean Lentil Salad is a hearty salad that's perfect for lunch, a side dish or even a vegetarian main dish. Full of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and protein packed lentils.
Meanwhile, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper; shake well. Add tomatoes, celery, cheese and olives to lentils; toss to combine. Add dressing and gently toss to coat.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, mediterranean lentil salad. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. This Mediterranean Lentil Salad is a hearty salad that's perfect for lunch, a side dish or even a vegetarian main dish. Full of cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and protein packed lentils.
Mediterranean Lentil Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Mediterranean Lentil Salad is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mediterranean lentil salad using 15 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Lentil Salad:
- Take 9 ounces of grams lentils (boiled; metric weight is just over 250 grams).
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Take 1 of avocado, diced.
- Make ready 1 cup of cooked corn kernels – can be canned, or steamed from frozen, if fresh corn is not in season.
- Prepare 1 of large crown of broccoli, chopped coarse pieces.
- Take 1 cup of diced English cucumber.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kidney beans (cooked).
- Take 2 of scallions, chopped (use the green parts and the white parts).
- Take 1 pinch of cilantro and a pinch of parsley – dried herbs are just as good if you’re in a rush.
- Get of Healthy salad dressing ingredients:.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 3.5 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Get 1 tablespoon of mustard (can be spicy if you prefer).
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
While the lentils are simmering, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water in a heatproof bowl and set aside. In a large mason jar, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add the bell pepper, chickpeas, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lentils, and parsley and screw on the lid. Add remaining vinaigrette, sprinkle with a little salt and toss gently.
Instructions to make Mediterranean Lentil Salad:
- How to execute: only tricky part is boiling the lentils. Boil vigorously for 5 minutes. Drain and discard the water. Bring to a boil again with fresh water. Let the lentils cool down for ~10 minutes. This process usually will take the lentils to a state when they aren’t too soft, as we don’t want them to turn into a paste when mixed in the salad..
Arrange anchovy fillets, tuna (if using) and eggs on top. This Mediterranean Lentil Salad is a hearty salad that's perfect for lunch, a side dish or even a vegetarian main dish. Full of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta and protein packed lentils. You'll absolutely love the flavours and textures in this healthy salad! Mediterranean Lentil Salad for a party: This healthy lentil salad is a huge hit, is incredibly versatile, and has a lot of staying power.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mediterranean lentil salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!