Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week German Soft Pretzel Sticks
German Soft Pretzel Sticks. Savor a variety of artisanal, hand-made gourmet soft pretzels. Stir in the vegetable oil and. German Soft Pretzel Sticks – How to make homemade soft pretzel sticks.
Making these pretzel sticks is easier than regular soft pretzels; you don't have to try to make the twisted shapes. These pretzel sticks are soft and taste amazing. These soft German pretzel sticks are amazing!
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, german soft pretzel sticks. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Savor a variety of artisanal, hand-made gourmet soft pretzels. Stir in the vegetable oil and. German Soft Pretzel Sticks – How to make homemade soft pretzel sticks.
German Soft Pretzel Sticks is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. German Soft Pretzel Sticks is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook german soft pretzel sticks using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make German Soft Pretzel Sticks:
- Take of Appetizers/Snacks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 envelope of active dry yeast.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour plus more for kneading.
- Take 3/4 cup of baking soda.
- Get 1 large of egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water.
- Get 1 of pretzel salt ( optional ).
- Take 2 quart of plus 2 cups warm water.
Soft Pretzel Sticks – Best German Pretzel Stick Recipe (Cheese Dip Not Included) Ok, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get dirty. How to Make German Soft Pretzel Sticks. Whether it's game day or just a great time for a snack, these pretzel sticks hit the spot. Cooked to a golden brown and generously salted, enjoy with a side of mustard or on their own.
Instructions to make German Soft Pretzel Sticks:
- In a large bowl mix 2 cups warm water and brown sugar until dissolved..
- Stir yeast into mixture and let stand until foamy. 5 – 10 minutes usually..
- After yeast has foamed, stir in vegetable oil and 3 cups of the flor. Knead in remaining 2 and 3/4 cups flour. Dough will be slightly sticky..
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and continue to knead until dough is silky. About 3 minutes. If dough is still sticky you can add up to 1/4 cup flour gradually..
- Place dough in large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature until double in size. About 45 minutes to an hour..
- Preheat over to 450°F and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment and butter the paper..
- Punch down the dough and on a flour work surface, Knead it slightly then flatten the dough out and cut into 24 even slices..
- Roll each piece into a 9 inch stick about half an inch thick. Transfer each stick onto buttered cookie sheets. Let stand uncovered until puffy. About 25 minutes..
- In a large deep skillet or large pot, add the baking soda to the 2 quarts of boiling water. Reduce the heat to moderate but not a rolling boil. In between boiling and simmer..
- Using 2 slotted spoons, carefully add 3 pretzel sticks at a time to water. Depending on how large the pan is, you may add more or less. Do not crowd..
- Cook in the simmering water solution 30 seconds, turning once. Add about 1/2 to 1 cup hot water to pan after each batch you par boil..
- Transfer the water bathed pretzels to a paper towel to drain off excess water..
- Return the drained sticks back to the buttered cookie sheet. Space them evenly apart..
- Brush the sticks with egg wash mixture and sprinkle with pretzel salt if desired..
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Some like dark brown and some light. its up to your taste how dark to get them, they are great either way..
- Serve with mustard or any dipping sauce you like. Beer cheddar sauce or honey mustard is excellent for these. You may also roll them in Cinnamon and sugar mixture as soon as they come out of oven for a sweet treat!.
How to Make Smoky Cauliflower Hummus. Mix by hand or with a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment until flour mixture comes together into a stiff ball. Add more warm water as needed to form the dough. German Soft Pretzel Sticks – How to make homemade slightly sweet golden soft pretzel sticks with yeast. Makes enough for a crowd as an appetizer and great for the big game.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food german soft pretzel sticks recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!