Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels. Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle with the pretzel salt. Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt.
Stir until the baking soda is dissolved; set aside. Remove the dough, place in an oiled bowl and cover. Bring water and baking soda to a boil.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, homemade soft baked pretzels. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten egg yolk and water mixture and sprinkle with the pretzel salt. Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt.
Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook homemade soft baked pretzels using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels:
- Take of Pretzel Dough:.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp.) of active dry or instant yeast.
- Get 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of all purpose flour + more as needed.
- Take of Coarse salt.
- Get of Baking Soda Bath:.
- Make ready 9 cups of water.
- Take 1/2 cup of baking soda.
Don't use parchment paper; the pretzels will stick to it. Brush each pretzel with an egg wash, then top with pretzel salt or coarse salt. Let the pretzels cool slightly and then enjoy! The Best Ways to Eat Soft Pretzels: Dips and Toppings Instructions.
Instructions to make Homemade Soft Baked Pretzels:
- Pour the water into a large bowl and whisk in the yeast. Let it sit for 1 minute, then whisk in the brown sugar, butter and salt. Switch to a rubber spatula and start to add in 3 cups flour, 1 cup at a time. Then add in 3/4 cup more, a 1/4 cup at a time until it's all incorporated. At this point, if the dough is still sticky, continue to add flour a 1/4 cup at a time until it is no longer sticky. The dough should bounce back after you poke it when it's ready to knead..
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 3 minutes, then form it into a ball and cover with a clean towel to let it rest for 10 minutes. While it rests, start heating the water and baking soda in a large pot over medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set them aside..
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to divide the dough into 12 even 1/3 cup portions. Roll each portion into a rope, about 20-22 inches long. To form the pretzel shape, first make a U shape with the dough. Then cross the ends together in an X. Twist them once and fold it towards you. Press it lightly onto the bottom of the dough rope. Repeat with all dough portions..
- Once all of your dough is shaped, your water should be boiling. Working one at a time, use a slotted spatula to gently drop each pretzel into the water and boil for 20 seconds. Then lift it out and allow any excess water to drip off. Place it onto the baking tray (6 to a tray) and sprinkle it all over with coarse salt. Repeat the process with each pretzel..
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until each pretzel is golden brown. Then let them cool slightly before serving. They are best on the day they're made, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I would recommend heating the leftover pretzels before serving..
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the warm water and sugar together. Only do this step if you did not do the baking soda bath I mentioned a few paragraphs above. Baked Soft Pretzels are soft and chewy on the inside with the perfect salty golden exterior. This recipe will walk you through these easy homemade pretzels with step by step instructions!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food homemade soft baked pretzels recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!