Steps to Prepare Ultimate French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup. Tyler Florence's French Onion Soup recipe, topped with nutty Gruyere croutons and stuffed with caramelized onions, is the ultimate in cozy French bistro fare. Most French onion soup recipes call for beef stock, but substituting mushroom broth instead creates a surprisingly rich soup, full on flavor – without the meat. Could become a staple recipe in vegetarian or meat-loving households!
Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). French onion soup gets its rich flavor and color from the cooking of the onions. While they simmer, the flavors become intense, making this soup a savory delight.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, french onion soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tyler Florence's French Onion Soup recipe, topped with nutty Gruyere croutons and stuffed with caramelized onions, is the ultimate in cozy French bistro fare. Most French onion soup recipes call for beef stock, but substituting mushroom broth instead creates a surprisingly rich soup, full on flavor – without the meat. Could become a staple recipe in vegetarian or meat-loving households!
French Onion Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. French Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Make ready 3 cup of yellow onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Make ready 1 quart of beef stock.
- Get 2 tbsp of flour (heaping).
- Get 1/4 cup of dry Italian vermouth.
- Make ready 1 of croutons (sliced stale baguette).
- Get 1/2 cup of grated gruyere.
French onion soup is a perfect comfort-food dinner, served with a side of bread for dipping and topped with a decadent layer of cheese. French onion soup feeds the soul on a cold day, and now you can enjoy it at the best restaurant on the block: your place. Our classic recipe turns a lazy Sunday into a long-simmering affair. Set yourself up for maximum coziness and serve it bubbling hot.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add onions, garlic, herbs, sugar, and salt. Cook on medium heat until onions have caramelized, about 20 MINUTES OR SO..
- Reduce heat to medium low and add flour. Cook, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes..
- Add stock, Stir well, and simmer an additional. 10 minutes..
- To serve: place a crouton each on the bottom of large ramekins. Ladle soup to almost fill. Top with cheese and broil 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbly..
Season the soup with pepper and Cognac, if using. Place the toast rounds, toasted side down, on top of the soup and top with the cheese. Melt butter in a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove lid and let onions caramelize until golden brown over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Adjust heat if onions are browning too quickly.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food french onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!