Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup. Here is how you cook that. Great recipe for Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup. A recipe I researched and made many times to get right.
The soup has sweet, mild onions so that the sweet onion taste comes into the soup without its usual strong odor. The parent ingredient for the soup is bouillon, liquid, and cubes that add flavor to the soup. The creamy texture comes from the Velveeta cheese and the thick white sauce.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sweet and mild french onion soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Here is how you cook that. Great recipe for Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup. A recipe I researched and made many times to get right.
Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet and mild french onion soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup:
- Get 6 of large sweet onions, sliced thin.
- Get 1 cup of butter (2sticks).
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of beef bouillon.
- Get 1 teaspoon of herbs de providence.
- Get 3 cups of croutons.
- Make ready 10 slices of Havarti cheese, quartered.
It is simmered for half an hour to make it rich and thick. Remove from the oven, flip the bread, and divide the cheese between the slices. To serve, pour the onion soup into four individual soup bowls. Float a slice of toasted French bread, cheese side up, in each bowl and sprinkle with extra cheese.
Instructions to make Sweet and Mild French Onion Soup:
- In a large pot heat the butter and add all the sliced onion. Stirring frequently over medium high heat..
- Continue to stir till the onions cook down and little moisture is left. The onions should be a rich golden brown color..
- Stir in the chicken stock, water, bouillon and herbs de providence and bring to a low boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Ladle soup into mugs or bowls filling up only half way. Add croutons or stale baguette slices and top with Havarti cheese..
- Ladle more soup over the cheese till almost full. Add another layer of croutons and Havarti cheese..
- Pace bowls or mugs in a roasting dish and place under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes..
- Serve hot and enjoy..
The Best Cheese for French Onion Soup. Cheese is a very, very important component of a great F. You want it melty, and cheese-pull worthy. Wondering what kind of cheese is on french onion soup? Here are my favorite cheeses for french onion soup: Provolone: mild but rich with the best cheese pull-ness; Gruyere: a little nutty and earthy in.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sweet and mild french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!