Recipe of Speedy Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. You can serve easy shrimp scampi on top of hot fettuccine or angel hair pasta, then sprinkle the finished dish with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook as the label directs. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, shrimp scampi. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix shrimp with drained pasta in a serving bowl. You can serve easy shrimp scampi on top of hot fettuccine or angel hair pasta, then sprinkle the finished dish with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Shrimp Scampi is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Shrimp Scampi is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook shrimp scampi using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp Scampi:
- Make ready 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Get 3 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Make ready 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of medium peeled shrimp.
Scampi are tiny, lobster-like crustaceans with pale pink shells (also called langoustines). Italian cooks in the United States swapped shrimp for scampi, but kept both names. Thus the dish was born, along with inevitable variations. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
Steps to make Shrimp Scampi:
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade..
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque..
Shrimp scampi is a classic, but decadent dish typically made with lots of butter and served over high-carb pasta or white rice. This version lightens things up a bit and is quick and easy enough for a weeknight meal. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. Shrimp scampi has significance for the early immigrants, because in Italy scampi, the spiny langouste varietal, was prepared in this fashion.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food shrimp scampi recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!