How to Make Ultimate Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stirring frequently until smooth. This flourless cake, featuring both chocolate and cocoa, is rich, rich, RICH! A thick icing of chocolate ganache glaze takes it over the top.
Stir until completely dissolved and set aside. Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. If there's one cake we think everyone actually needs, this is it.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, flourless chocolate cake. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stirring frequently until smooth. This flourless cake, featuring both chocolate and cocoa, is rich, rich, RICH! A thick icing of chocolate ganache glaze takes it over the top.
Flourless Chocolate Cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Flourless Chocolate Cake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have flourless chocolate cake using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Flourless Chocolate Cake:
- Prepare 1 cup (170 g) of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons (113 g) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Make ready 3/4 cup (149 g) of granulated sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of espresso powder, optional.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, optional.
- Make ready 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (43 g) of Dutch-process cocoa.
- Get of GLAZE:.
- Get 1 cup (170 g) of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (113 g) of heavy cream.
Rich, gooey and soul-satisfying, flourless chocolate cake is what you need to celebrate your best friend's birthday. It's the cake you need to make a bad day better, and when you need to impress a guest—it's just the thing. It will never be too fancy or too casual. After all, it's the little black dress of cakes.
Steps to make Flourless Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a metal 8"round cake pan; cut a piece of parchment to fit, grease it, and lay it in the bottom of the pan. See"tips," below..
- To make the cake: Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the butter is melted and the chips are soft. Stir until the chips melt, reheating briefly if necessary. You can also do this over a burner set at very low heat. Transfer the melted chocolate/butter to a mixing bowl..
- Stir in the sugar, salt, espresso powder, and vanilla. Espresso enhances chocolate's flavor much as vanilla does; using 1 teaspoon will simply enhance the flavor, while 2 teaspoons will lend a hint of mocha to the cake..
- Add the eggs, beating briefly until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, and mix just to combine..
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes; the top will have formed a thin crust, and it should register at least 200°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into its center..
- Remove it from the oven, and cool it in the pan for 5 minutes..
- Loosen the edges of the pan with a table knife or nylon spreader, and turn it out onto a serving plate. The top will now be on the bottom; that's fine. Also, the edges will crumble a bit, which is also fine. Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing..
- To make the glaze: Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream until it's not quite at a simmer, but showing fine bubbles around the edge. Pour the cream over the chocolate, stir very briefly to combine, and let rest for 5 minutes. Stir again — at first slowly, then more vigorously — until the chocolate is completely melted and the glaze is smooth. If any bits of chocolate remain, reheat briefly in the microwave or over a burner, then stir until smooth..
- Spoon the glaze over the cake, spreading it to drip over the sides a bit. Allow the glaze to set for several hours before serving the cake..
- Tips from our Bakers:.
- If desired, garnish cake with 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted in a 350°F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes..
- Can you line your pan with wax paper instead of parchment? Yes. While wax paper shouldn't be exposed to direct oven heat, it's fine when used between cake batter and pan..
- For cleanest slicing, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry. Repeat dipping knife in hot water and wiping dry for each slice..
And one of the few flourless chocolate cake recipes which doesn't include almond meal – perfect for my allergic nephew. I can always trust Martha's recipes to turn out well. Put the chocolate, butter, and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. For an elegant dinner party, make Cake I. For a quicky for the kids, make Cake II.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food flourless chocolate cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!