How to Prepare Ultimate Beef Stroganoff
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, beef stroganoff. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Stroganoff is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Beef Stroganoff is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have beef stroganoff using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stroganoff:
- Make ready 6 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 1 lb of sirloin ot tenderloin cut in 1 inch wide by 2 1/2 inch long strip.
- Get 1/3 cup of chopped shallots or can substitute onions.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Take 1/2 tsp of dry tarragon or 2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream room temperature.
Steps to make Beef Stroganoff:
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter in a large frying pan on low/ medium heat. Increase the heat to high/medium and add strips of beef. Cook the beef quickly, browning on each side, so the temperature needs to be high enough to brown the beef, but not so high to burn the butter. While cooking the beef, sprinkle with salt and pepper. When both sides are browned, set aside in a bowl..
- In the same pan, reduce the heat to medium and add shallots. Cook the shallots for a minute or two, allowing them to soak up any meat drippings. Remove the shallots to the same bowl as the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan, melt another 3 Tbsp of butter. Increase heat to medium high and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasional for 4 minutes. Sprinkle the nutmeg and tarragon on the mushrooms..
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sour cream to the mushrooms. You may want to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin the sauce or not. Mix in the sour cream thoroughly. Do not let it come to a boil or the sour cream will curdle. Stir in the beef and shallots. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve immediately over egg noodles, fettcine, potatoes or rice.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food beef stroganoff recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!