Recipe of Award-winning Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style)
Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style).
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken and waffles (pennsylvania dutch style). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken and waffles (pennsylvania dutch style) using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style):
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 4 lb of chicken (whole or bone in pieces).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Get 32 oz of box of low sodium chicken broth.
- Make ready 48 oz of box low sodium chicken broth.
- Get 2 medium of carrots (washed and halved).
- Make ready 2 of bay leaves (I used dried).
- Make ready 2 of stalks celery (cleaned and halved).
- Prepare 2 medium of onions (peeled and halved).
- Take 12 tbsp of flour.
- Make ready 1 cup of cold water.
- Take 1 of Frozen Homestyle Waffles (or homemade).
Steps to make Chicken and Waffles (Pennsylvania Dutch style):
- Preheat your stock pot and heat the olive oil..
- Season all sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning..
- Put chicken in pot and brown both sides..
- Add broth, bay leaves, celery, onion, and carrots to the pot..
- Simmer until chicken is well cooked and falling off the bone..
- Remove chicken from the pot and place in a large bowl. Let cool slightly until cool enough to handle..
- Remove skin and discard. Pull meat from the bones and tear into bite size pieces putting in a separate bowl..
- Remove bay leaves and vegetables from pot and discard. Let cool slightly and skim fat. (You can refrigerate and then the fat is very easy to skim.).
- In a small bowl add cold water and flour and whisk well until there are no lumps..
- Heat stock to a low boil, and add the flour/water mixture a little at a time stirring quickly after each addition..
- Check for seasoning before returning the chicken pieces to the pot..
- Toast waffles (or make waffles from scratch if you have the time!;).
- Serve chicken and gravy over the waffles, and ENJOY! We serve with mashed potatoes too. And whatever veggies you like on the side..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and waffles (pennsylvania dutch style) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!