Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa. The jerk chicken sits on top of the most delicious coconut rice. Instead of using only water or chicken broth to cook the rice in, I did part coconut It gives the rice a slight creamy texture and a little coconut flavor, which went nicely with the chicken and tropical flavor of the pineapple black bean salsa. That jerk chicken looks tasty, never had it before with pineapple.
This awesome platter of tasty food is a zesty twist on the classic Jerk chicken. Aussie YouTube channel Bondi Harvest's Guy and DJ BBQ get ready to party. This Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is incredible simple, but still big on summery flavor.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
The jerk chicken sits on top of the most delicious coconut rice. Instead of using only water or chicken broth to cook the rice in, I did part coconut It gives the rice a slight creamy texture and a little coconut flavor, which went nicely with the chicken and tropical flavor of the pineapple black bean salsa. That jerk chicken looks tasty, never had it before with pineapple.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Take 4 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- Take 2 cups of pineapple tidbits.
- Take 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, well rinsed.
- Get 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion.
- Take 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Take 1 of lime.
- Get 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- Make ready of Jerk Chicken.
- Take 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Take 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Make ready 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Take 2 of Sweet Peppers, halved.
The spicy jerk seasoning perfectly compliments the sweet pineapple salsa, and the black beans add bulk and extra protein to the meal without adding a lot to the cost. Serve chicken with Black Bean Salsa. Tender, diced chicken breast coated in aromatic Jamaican jerk seasoning, mixed with juicy spiced pineapple salsa, black beans and basmati rice topped with vibrant orange Jamaican jerk sauce. Jerk Chicken Panini with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa.
Steps to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
This super easy Jerk Chicken comes together with a simple rub and a hot skillet. You'll love the flavorful jerk seasoning with ingredients that The pineapple salsa on top adds just the right amount of sweetness, tang, and flavor to compliment the chicken. Such a delicious dinner and perfect for a. Coconut brown rice is topped with warmly spiced chicken and the most flavorful pineapple and black bean salsa. #jerkchicken #chicken #salsa #pineapple #rice #glutenfree #dinner #mealprep. Especially if the Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa is made the day ahead, this flavorful tenderloin is very easy to fix.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!