Steps to Make Award-winning Oanh’s popcorn chicken
Oanh’s popcorn chicken. Oanh's popcorn chicken: A mixture of Taiwanese popcorn chicken and Japanese karaage in one. The secret is in the flour type and timing! Spicy Popcorn Chicken so easy even Nagatoro can make it!
The idea was originally developed by KFC but has since spread. Popcorn chicken was invented by food technologist Gene Gagliardi. I have some popcorn chicken I would like to reheat for the kids for lunch, but I am not sure how to achieve the awesome crispness I want.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, oanh’s popcorn chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Oanh’s popcorn chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Oanh’s popcorn chicken is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Oanh's popcorn chicken: A mixture of Taiwanese popcorn chicken and Japanese karaage in one. The secret is in the flour type and timing! Spicy Popcorn Chicken so easy even Nagatoro can make it!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook oanh’s popcorn chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Oanh’s popcorn chicken:
- Make ready 2.5 lb of chicken thigh in bite size or larger size pieces (1 use one pouch of the chicken thighs from Costco).
- Get of Thick/textured sweet potato starch for coating (make sure it is not thin/fine sweet potato starch. It must be thick and textured, found in some Asian supermarkets).
- Get of Canola oil.
- Make ready of Marinade.
- Get 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Get 1 tablespoon of shao xing wine.
- Take 0.5 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 10 of garlic cloves minced or grated.
- Make ready of Optional black or white pepper and five spice.
Popcorn chicken is a fun and tasty "pop-able" savory snack for folks of all ages! My recipe is packed with lots of garlicky flavor, crispy coating, and it comes with a creamy and. Taiwanese popcorn chicken 盐酥鸡 is one of the most famous street foods, which is extraordinarily crispy and sprinkled with sharp and biting spice seasoning. Imagine the crispiest popcorn chicken, plus a special five-spice seasoning that is infused throughout each piece: this Taiwanese popcorn chicken's got it all.
Instructions to make Oanh’s popcorn chicken:
- Mix all marinade ingredients and let chicken marinade in it for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess marinade and coat chicken in the starch. Let chicken in flour sit for a minute or two..
- Fry chicken in oil at medium to medium high heat until light brown. Remove chicken from oil and set aside for a few minutes or until ready to final fry. Chicken will be crispy at first and then soft again but double frying will remedy this. Fry chicken again at same temperature or slightly higher until golden..
- Lightly Sprinkle chicken with sea salt.
- Air fry option: Spray with avocado oil after flour, air fry 6 minutes at 390, flip and air fry additional 6 minutes.
Popcorn chicken is a tasty, crispy way to enjoy juicy, white meat chicken. Cut into bite size pieces that you can easily pop in your mouth, they're ideal for dipping in your favorite. Kfc Popcorn Chicken Recipe Fried Chicken Recipes Crunchy Chicken Recipe Healthy Chicken Chipotle Popcorn Chicken – so much fun to eat and so delicious! Little morsels of chicken dipped in. Popcorn chicken is the name for small, bite-sized pieces of chicken that are breaded and fried.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food oanh’s popcorn chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!