Teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake. I came across this recipe in my midnight wanderings across the www and immediately thought that it was just the most marvelous lockdown project. This zingy cake is the perfect afternoon tea pick-me-up. Drizzle cake with glaze and sprinkle with almonds and extra lemon and orange rind.
Thaw the cake before pouring Syrup over top. Hint – cake is delicious served warm, in wedges, with whipped or thick cream. See more ideas about yoghurt cake, yogurt cake, dessert recipes.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
I came across this recipe in my midnight wanderings across the www and immediately thought that it was just the most marvelous lockdown project. This zingy cake is the perfect afternoon tea pick-me-up. Drizzle cake with glaze and sprinkle with almonds and extra lemon and orange rind.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake:
- Take of small pot natural yoghurt (approx.150 ml). The pot is then used as the standard measure for other ingredients.
- Take of eggs.
- Get of measures sugar (I used golden caster sugar).
- Get of measure vegetable oil of your choice.
- Take of Zest of 1 orange or 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 orange or 1 lemon.
- Take of measures self-raising flour.
Discover how to make a simple yet delicious citrus yoghurt cake recipe. It's a wonderful cake if you are looking for an easy bake to make with children. This citrus yoghurt cake manages to be light and fluffy yet perfectly moist at the same time. Yoghurt makes a novel change to cream cheese in the icing.
Steps to make Teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake:
- Preheat oven to 160/170 degrees centigrade. Grease and flour normal size cake tin or silicon mould..
- In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar. Whisk until pale and fluffy. It is fine to use an electric whisk.,.
- Add yoghurt, vegetable oil, citrus zest and citrus juice. Whisk again until combined..
- Use a wooden spoon to carefully fold in the flour..
- Pour into cake tin or mould and bake for approx. 30 minutes. Use the skewer test to make sure the cake is cooked. Remove from oven and cool before turning out..
- When cool, sprinkle lightly with icing sugar and serve with a glass of port or sweet wine. Alternatively the cake goes well with berries and fresh cream..
I used Meadow Fresh Kalo Natural Greek Yoghurt (my staple plain yoghurt) and it worked perfectly in this recipe. I adore lemon and lime with gin, hence any excuse to knock up this cake. If it's going to be eaten by the kids, use a few juniper berries in the syrup instead of Gently fold in the zests, flour and almond meal, then the yoghurt. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale. Traditionally yogurt cakes have been made in winter months when fresh milk isn't as readily available.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food teresa's yoghurt and citrus cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!