Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Lemon meringue cake
Lemon meringue cake. Easily make this fresh and bold Lemon Meringue Cake recipe for springtime. It features my best vanilla cake, Homemade Lemon Curd & Meringue Frosting! As far as lemon cakes go, this lemon meringue cake takes the cake!
I've tried, and I've tried, and it's not that I've utterly failed, but I haven't completely delighted myself. Take lemon meringue to a new level with this caramel-infused sponge filled with lemon curd and topped with. If you like lemon meringue pie, you'll love this lemon layer cake, layered with lemon pie filling, and topped with a golden meringue baked frosting.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, lemon meringue cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Lemon meringue cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Lemon meringue cake is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Easily make this fresh and bold Lemon Meringue Cake recipe for springtime. It features my best vanilla cake, Homemade Lemon Curd & Meringue Frosting! As far as lemon cakes go, this lemon meringue cake takes the cake!
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lemon meringue cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon meringue cake:
- Make ready of eggs at room temperature.
- Take of caster sugar.
- Prepare of finely grated lemon rind.
- Take of plain flour.
- Take of unsalted butter, melted.
- Take of lemon curd.
- Make ready of caster sugar.
- Take of liquid glucose.
- Take of water.
- Take of egg whites, at room temperture.
It uses a cake mix and prepared pie filling, so it's easy. This Lemon Meringue Cake is bright, fresh and sure to impress! Lemon poppy seed cake with lemon curd and toasted meringue frosting. A new layer cake recipe by our contributor, Tessa Huff.
Instructions to make Lemon meringue cake:
- Grease a 22cm round x 7cm deep cake pan. Line with baking paper..
- Beat eggs, sugar and rind in a large bowl of an electric mixer for about 8 to 10 minutes, until thick and tripled in size. Fold in sifted flour. Transfer 1/2 cup of egg mixture to a small bowl. Stir in butter. Fold back into egg mixture. Pour into prepared pan..
- Cook in a moderately slow oven ( 160 C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cake shrinks away from side of pan. Stand for 5 minutes, turn out on a wire rack to cool..
- To make Italian meringue,combine sugar, glucose and water in a small heavy-based saucepan. Stir gently over a low heat until dissolved. Bring to boil. Place a candy thermometer into boiling syrup, boil without stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until temperature reaches 121C (hard-ball stage) remove from heat..
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Don't over-beat. Beating on a medium speed, slowly pour the hot syrup steadily into egg whites continue to beat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is cold..
- To assemble, cut cake horizontally into three even layers. Sandwich together with curd on a serving plate. Spread 1 1/4 cups of meringue over top and side of cake. Place remaining meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain nozzle. Pipe on top of cake. Use a blowtorch to brown meringue just before serving..
Our Lemon meringue cake is an incredibly moist sponge cake layered with sweet and tangy lemon curd and topped off with a fluffy Italian meringue. Tangy, zesty, and citrusy, this sponge cake with. Spread meringue on top of filling. Bake pie until toasty brown on top. Now that you have a general idea of the process, let's learn why this.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food lemon meringue cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!