Glazed lemon cake. My go-to lemon loaf recipe for years! This delicious Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Loaf is always With this one, the hit of lemon actually comes more from the glaze than the cake, though there is. This easy poke cake gets an extra boost of lemony flavor from lemon Jell-O®.
This Glazed Lemon Pound Cake doesn't rise very much, so don't be surprised if it's shorter than you might expect. Lemon-Glazed Lemon Angel Food Cake Recipe. Put all of the ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, glazed lemon cake. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My go-to lemon loaf recipe for years! This delicious Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Loaf is always With this one, the hit of lemon actually comes more from the glaze than the cake, though there is. This easy poke cake gets an extra boost of lemony flavor from lemon Jell-O®.
Glazed lemon cake is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Glazed lemon cake is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have glazed lemon cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed lemon cake:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 cup of white sugar.
- Get 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of greek yoghurt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Take of Glaze.
- Take 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Once the galze begin to turn white. Lemon pound cakes aren't just for lemon lovers. Get the most lemon flavor into this pound cake by grating zest first, then squeezing out lemon juice. It's perfect for pound cake, rum cake, Bundt cake, coffee cake, sweet rolls, and cookies.
Instructions to make Glazed lemon cake:
- Preheat the oven to 162 degrees celsius. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder..
- Beat the sugar with the softened butter until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice..
- Combine the flour mixture and greek yoghurt into the wet ingredients, alternating between the two..
- Line a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan with a baking sheet, or greased aluminum foil. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top..
- Bake at 162 degrees celsius for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- If the top of the cake browns before the inside is cooked, cover the top tightly with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, checking in between..
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges, and lift it out of the pan using the foil or baking sheet. Place it on a wire rack to cool..
- Make the glaze: Sift half a cup of icing sugar into a bowl, and mix in 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour the glaze over the cake while it's still warm..
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing..
Making lemon glaze from scratch allows you to adapt the taste and consistency to any baked good. Lemon cake brownies sounds delicious This looks amazing op. I would call them Lemon Cake Bars, instead of lemon bars personally, because they're definitely cake, and have no crust. Sweet, simple, luscious glazed lemon poppy seed Bundt cake to bring sunshine to even the coldest of days. When it comes to lemon desserts, what I run into often is finding the right balance between tart.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food glazed lemon cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!