Steps to Make Favorite German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting. German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a sweet frosting It's basically a snackable sheet cake. While the classic recipe uses a light, sweetened chocolate How to Make Gooey Coconut-Pecan Frosting. This coconut-pecan frosting is made like no other frosting.
This Texas sheet cake, made with Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate® and topped with a decadent coconut-pecan frosting, is perfect for large birthday parties or family reunions. I wanted to make a German chocolate sheet cake for a family reunion, but couldn't find a recipe I liked. She doubles the frosting recipe to frost the entire cake, because Garth likes extra frosting, but one recipe will frost the Refrigerate the cake after it's frosted.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
German chocolate cake is typically made as a chocolate layer cake with a sweet frosting It's basically a snackable sheet cake. While the classic recipe uses a light, sweetened chocolate How to Make Gooey Coconut-Pecan Frosting. This coconut-pecan frosting is made like no other frosting.
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting:
- Take 2 Cups of Flour.
- Make ready 2 Cups of Sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 oz of Baking Chocolate (I used 1/4 c Cocoa Powder and 4 tsp oil).
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Shortening.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (I used 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Take 2 of Eggs.
- Get 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Take of ~*Icing Ingredients*~*.
- Take 1 Cup of Evaporated Milk.
- Get 1 Cup of Sugar.
- Make ready 3 of Egg Yolks.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Take 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut.
- Get 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Before serving, touch up any frosting that may have run down the sides. Classic vegan German chocolate cake without weird ingredients. Just a normal cake made dairy-free and without eggs, with toasted coconut pecan If you're interested in a VERY rich chocolatey cake with gooey coconut pecan frosting then you have come to the right place. Don't miss this delectable recipe for German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting from the Add A Pinch Cookbook by Robyn Stone!
Steps to make German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside..
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, German Chocolate baking chocolate and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine..
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition..
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- ~*Frosting Directions*~*.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat combine milk, sugar egg yolks, and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly for about 12 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake evenly and drizzle with hot fudge..
- FOR BEST RESULTS Put in Freezer for 30 minutes after frosting the cake. It will cool the icing but the cake will be slightly warm and melt in your mouth.
Same chocolate cake with gooey coconut-pecan topping, but way easier to make. Most German Chocolate Cake recipes are multi-layered affairs and therefore time-consuming, so I've made some changes to make it a little easier. In an effort to get from Point A to Point Cake more quickly. Coconut pecan frosting for german chocolate cake. Or you may opt to do as I did here, to get more serving bake it in a sheet cake pan.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food german chocolate sheet cake with coconut-pecan frosting recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!