Recipe of Ultimate Squash Casserole
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, squash casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Squash Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Squash Casserole is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook squash casserole using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash Casserole:
- Prepare 2 lb of Squash (cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sour cream.
- Get 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Freshly ground pepper.
- Take 6 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups).
- Make ready 35 of Round, buttery crackers, crushed.
Steps to make Squash Casserole:
- Arrange squash in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 12-16 minutes or until fork-tender. Cool 15 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a small skillet. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients, and 1 cup of cheese until well blended. Add squash and crashed crackers; stir well. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top wit remaining 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until lightly browned..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food squash casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!