Simple Way to Prepare Favorite Fabulous French Onion Soup
Fabulous French Onion Soup. When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Remove and discard thyme stems and bay leaf. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Heat butter and oil in a large wide saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, then sprinkle with sugar. Reduce heat. salt, to taste. thickly sliced French bread baguette.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, fabulous french onion soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When the time is up, quick-release the remaining pressure. Remove and discard thyme stems and bay leaf. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fabulous French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Fabulous French Onion Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have fabulous french onion soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fabulous French Onion Soup:
- Get of Beef Broth.
- Get 3 each of beef rib roast bones ( with some meat).
- Take 5 of beef bullion cubes.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- Prepare 64 oz of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of dry red wine.
- Get 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 large of sliced onions.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of gravy masters.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- Get 1 cup of Gruyere or a good swiss cheese.
- Get 1 loaf of french bread.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt to taste.
Instructions: In a large kettle or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add onions and saute, stirring, until tender. Add the chicken and beef broth, pepper, Gravy Master. This is French onion soup made the easy way!
Steps to make Fabulous French Onion Soup:
- Simmer the beef rib bones along with the bay leaf, crushed red pepper, bullion cubes and 64 ounces of water until the beef falls off the bone. Leave covered during simmering.
- When beef falls off the bone pull bones out of the broth. Pull the extra meat off bones and put in broth. set the broth aside to cool and skim off the fat. Also remember to pull out the bay leaf and discard..
- While the beef broth is cooling you can start slicing onions and simmering them with the 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until they are golden brown. This will take about 30 minutes.
- When the onions are golden brown and tender. This is when I add the gravy masters, and mix in well. Now add the tablespoon of flour, mix flour around. ( also adding the flour helps to thicken the soup a bit, but you don't want it as thick as stew).
- After the broth is cool and fat is skimmed add the half of cup of red dry wine. Start warming broth back up. When the onion and flour mixture is browned slowly add about 1 cup of the wine broth mixture blend well. Now add the rest of the broth. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 30 more minutes.
- Just before you're ready to serve turn on your broiler. Add soup into bowls, add sliced French bread and top with the Swiss cheese. Broil until cheese is a nice golden brown..
- Serve hot bowls on a smaller plate. Please remind your guests and or family members that the bowls are very very hot!.
It's the perfect starter for fall or winter dinners. The secret is a splash of sherry vinegar and sherry wine. Top with a slice of baguette bread, sprinkle with Gruyere, and broil to golden brown for an impressive first course. With no wrinkled nose ingredients to avoid, the obvious choice was French onion soup. I have made French onion soup a few times but never have put chunks of meat into the soup.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food fabulous french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!